• This topic has 13 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by rob2.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Small but powerful pump – moon on a stick content!
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

is there such a pump that is pretty small (think other smallish emergency pumps), good volume, nice attachment to presta (only need presta), and around £20…also must fit inside a camelback easily (preferable a fanny (LOL) pack too?

I know the normal answer is a topeak mountain morph, but its just a bit too big for what I want it for

I’m currently using a 10 year old mini pump which is shite, doesn’t pump out much air, the attachment is shocking, but its a good small size

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Topeak Mountain Morph.

But:
    A) I bought the Lezyne version, like everything Lezyne it’s shiny but shit.
    B) I just carry a CO2 cannister for emergencies, it’s a fraction of the size and I can’t remember using it once this year. I’ve reached the point where I just carry a cannister of sealant (like a mini version of the ones you get in a car) from Decathlon and not even a tube.

mrblobby
    Free Member

As an emergency pump I’ve been quite surprised by one of these…

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-hybrid-co2-mini-pump-mtb/

It’s tiny (easily fit in a jersey pocket or a small saddle bag). I usually use it with CO2 and it’s a good controllable inflator, but I have also pumped up a CX tyre from empty and it doesn’t take that long. And it’s less than a tenner.

CraigW
    Free Member

Topeak Mini Morph is not bad. It is quite a bit shorter and narrower than the Mountain Morph. Though smaller volume, so would take a bit longer to pump up the tyres.
    Or Topeak Racerocket MT if you want even smaller.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

had seen the lezyne Micro Floor Drive HV, looks a fair bit smaller than the mountain morph and not as wide as well as long….any good?

will have a look at slightly smaller topeak versions then too

TiRed

2xCO2 and an Innovations nanoflate. Two tubes and some Topeak patches for a third+ repair. The Topeak Micro is fine on the frame, smaller will just about get you rolling, but by then I’d be so miserable on my third puncture, I’d probably be on a train!

Know how to use a CO2 device properly. Avoid Lezyne if you want to keep the valve cores intact!

shermer75
    Free Member

Avoid Lezyne if you want to keep the valve cores intact!

Lezyne seems to have fixed this infuriating querk with the ABS button. However, they still seem to fall apart if left in a bag for too long!

TiRed

The Genuine Innovations microflate nano is all you need. They really are very good. I keep several in separate packs for everyday usage and racing.

I’ve had to “help” a few Lezyne users in the past.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Dont really want c02 tho i appreciate the unput 🙂

Just want a smallish pump that wont take for ever and easy to attach etc

Im edging towards the racerocket MT as it looks about same size as current crap one but should be easier and more powerful

Del

I got a road morph when I got a bum bag and found the mountain morph wouldn’t fit. Lower volume but pumping is easier. Easily got my plus tyre way above the pressure I need quickly the other night. I’ve had it a few years now and it’s been reliable.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Specialized do the air tool big bore which certainly shifts a lot of air . At £35 it’s a bit over your budget though unless somewhere is selling them cheap . https://www.specialized.com/us/en/equipment/accessories/air-tool-big-bore-pump/131592

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Cheers good spot as i get decent discount off spesh stuff too ill check it out

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

And ta del will check out the roadue version too

rob2
    Free Member

I’ve got a top peak micro rocket. It’s small (obvs!) but pretty good. It takes a while to pump up but it works. I also carry CO2 so the pump really is an emergency back up.

Fits easily in a pocket

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Small but powerful pump – moon on a stick content!’ is closed to new replies.