Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • SLX Shifter – window removal
  • carbon337
    Free Member

I have taken my window off the left shifter to make a space between the shifter and the tech x2 lever – making space for a gravity drop shifter.

This will save me having to mount that outside the brake lever.

Can you buy caps that go on the top of the shifter – where the old window mount was? I have the pdf from shimano that shows this piece but not sure if I can order one separately.

househusband

The caps are clipped to the bit you've just removed!!!

tails
    Free Member

it should be clipped to the back of the bit you took off.

timmys

Should clipped to the underside of the window you've just removed.

EDIT: **** me I'm slow.

carbon337
    Free Member

erm nope nothing clipped in there – these came on bike (will that make a difference with them being OEM).

Checked right shifter too no covers clipped on back of window.

nuke

Just stick a bit of helicopter tape or similar over the hole…that's what I did.

carbon337
    Free Member

well Ive cut the window at the 90deg bend and thats done the job..First bodge job on this bike so far.

nickegg
    Free Member

No covers??? That's odd as my last two bikes cames with them (Orange 5 and Lapierre Zesty) and the first thing i do is remove the windows so that i can get the brakes set-up for one finger braking.

carbon337
    Free Member

nick – this is on a five.

nickegg
    Free Member

Really?

I bought a 2009 5 Pro back in August which came with XT shifters, they had the covers fitted as did the SLX shifters on my Zesty.

Strange….oh well, you got it sorted.

jackthedog
    Free Member

well Ive cut the window at the 90deg bend and thats done the job..First bodge job on this bike so far.

Sorry, just settle my confused mind, what did you cut?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘SLX Shifter – window removal’ is closed to new replies.