Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • slx or sram shifter as Command Post lever?
  • breninbeener

I have a command post dropper, and its my intent to use either a Shimano SLX 2/3sp front shifter or a SRAM x7 2sp shifter as a remote lever.

Which is easier to modify to control the post?

arogers
    Free Member

Don’t know about SRAM but Shimano was pretty straightforward, though I couldn’t tell you exactly how I did it. There are various threads floating around with instructions on mods but I just took it apart and figured things out. Took no more than an hour and I’m pretty cack-handed with tools..

breninbeener

Ok. Its just that i have the opportunity to use either (from my spares box) so i wondered which was easier.

Im guessing it is a case of just opening one of them up!

akira

Specialized do a specific shifter type lever for the command post, but it’s not cheap.

breninbeener

I had seen the specific lever and the KS one too. Both are nice, both are v expensive. My bargain command post came without a lever so im after cheap and elegant using stuff i have….

philwarren11
    Free Member

Out of interest what’s your reason for doing this?

I’ve put my command post on my Orange Alpine and ditched that metal elbow and adjustment thing and it works great now. Decent cable too. I mounted it on the bars after cutting down a specialzied grip so the plastic part remains so i could use it with my ODI rogue grips.

breninbeener

Hi, im doing it as a bargain basement solution! I have just the command post without cable or a remote lever. So i was after a ghetto solution!

breninbeener

And i read Jared G does it like that!!

arogers
    Free Member

I found the cable routing messy and I couldn’t ever quite get the lever where I wanted it. I had an XT shifter I was never going to use for a front mech so it just made sense to use it for the dropper. It works great.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘slx or sram shifter as Command Post lever?’ is closed to new replies.