• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by RicB.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • SLX M7000 vs XT M8000
  • bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

Hello,

Any real world experiences between the two? And how big is the weight difference?

This would be cassette, rear mech and shifter only.

Cheers

benpinnick

brakes are basically same bar freestroke adjuster and SLX seems more reliable. Mech, not much in it tbh. Shifter is notably different, the SLX feeling much more plasticky, but having the same softer shifting of the older groups, while the XT is very solid but clunky. My money would be SLX all day …. but you’ll find XT cheaper online, So probably SLX brakes, xt rest.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1

brakes & mech – nothing in it

shifters go XT, or above

RicB

Not looked the newer versions but almost all slx vs xt discussions boil down to xt having a lighter cassette and chainrings. Almost everything else is usually the same in practice.

I agree with reggie; shifters are where it’s worth spending money on shimano drivetrains

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Depending on the freehub XT used to be better than SLX for gouging but it’s been a while since I had either

martinhutch

Is there any info yet on how much an SLX 2×11 group will be compared with XT?

steel4real
    Free Member

The SLX rear mech is really heavy compared to the XT – much greater difference than the corresponding 10 speed. XT worth is for the sealed jockey wheel bearings alone.

That’s the only thing I know for sure as I bought both – which reminds me I must sell that rear mech !

chakaping
    Free Member

Depending on your freehub situation, it might be worth considering XT shifter and mech with a Sram GX cassette.

rOcKeTdOg

xt cassette is 40ish grams lighter than slx

RicB

I disagree completely about sealed bearings in jockey wheels- I’ve seen loads of seized bearings but not one single seized bushing. By the time the bushing has worn the jockey wheel is usually knackered anyway

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘SLX M7000 vs XT M8000’ is closed to new replies.