Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SLX double run as a single, but chain gets stuck between bash and chainring
  • shanem
    Free Member

Im not sure if its the chainring but the gap between this and the bash is just wide enough to allow the chain to slip between. I ordered new bash hoping it would be recessed so the problem would be solved, but this was not the case.

So filing down the bash would be awkward, and it could only be done so far before the shelf the bolts sit on get taken out, filing down the chain ring would be equally as awkward.

But the SLX spider would be easy to file down, I just dont know if it would significantly weaken them by taking about 1.5mm off the depth.

Any obvious solution or just non compatible parts?

shanem
    Free Member

Nobodys had this problem? anyone???

cnud
    Free Member

I had this and it annoyed me enough that I bought a chain device, think it wedged about 3 times in the gap on one rooty decent. Glad I did but I know that doesn’t help you much. Bash guard is fine on my double ring setup just not my single.

woody2000

Have you converted a 9 speed set up to 10 speed? Chain just a smidge narrower and so it’s getting stuck? Just a thought

shanem
    Free Member

Yeah thats the problem, not sure if there is a quick fix/ bodge, but I might take the file to the spider if it keeps happening.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SLX double run as a single, but chain gets stuck between bash and chainring’ is closed to new replies.