Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • SLX Chainset in SS mode ? Chainring woes !!
  • tragically1969
    Free Member

Anybody else running an SLX in singlespeed mode ?

Juat interested in what chainring you are using ?

I got an FSA 32T DH ring which fits on the outer position fine but the chain looks like it is about 1mm away from touching the spider arms, also chainline might be a bit dodgy in the outer position, but….

when i put it in the middle position it is not supported by the spider arms properly i.e. it doesn't butt up against the edges on the spider, plus the same problem with it touching the spider

Am i worrying too much, should i just run it and forget it or stick a 34T designed for the middle position on it ?

STATO
    Free Member

the chain looks like it is about 1mm away from touching the spider arms

I think youll find this is the same whatever 32t chainring you fit, even the one that comes with it, ie. a non-issue.

not supported by the spider arms properly i.e. it doesn't butt up against the edges on the spider

Again not an issue, all the load will be on the chainring bolts anyway, hence why most floks dont use pretty coloured alu ones for singlespeed.

cynic-al
    Free Member

what he said

tragically1969
    Free Member

Cheers, yeah i realise all 32's will be the same, just wondered if it was an issue or not, appears not, running a 1/8" chain which is slightly bigger too i guess

Yeah i have got alloy chainring bolts, time to order some steel ones i think and stick it on the middle position

clubber
    Free Member

hence why most floks dont use pretty coloured alu ones for singlespeed.

Never had a problem with them myself…

Bedds
    Free Member

I run the standard SLX middle ring without any issue at all?

tragically1969
    Free Member

I thought about running the standard one but the teeth look waaaaayyy to shallow and ramped to ensure the chain isn't going to come off and result in a testicle\top tube interface, and for £17 i thought that was a small price to pay to avoid it potentially happening !!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘SLX Chainset in SS mode ? Chainring woes !!’ is closed to new replies.