Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • SLX chainset and bottom bracket question
  • SiB
    Free Member

Probably a very straight forward answer but im sick of handing cash over to LBS for jobs I could probably easily do so I need clarification please…..

currently have an external bottom bracket, just going to purchase a SLX chainset which comes with bb…how do I know the bottom bracket will fit?

thanks

Mister-P
    Free Member

How do you know the new BB will fit your frame you mean? Because all MTB frames are the same bottom bracket thread and there are spacers included to shim it between the two different shell widths.

wwaswas

if it’s for a standard mountaion bike then it ‘just will’ fit – they’re all the same BB’s you just change some spacers about depending on how wide the BB shell on your frame is.

SiB
    Free Member

Thanks

Dair
    Free Member

I had the same anxiety last year when fitting a new chainset. It is surprisingly easy if you follow the instructions, which have very few steps. Just make sure you measure the BB shell and use the correct spacers.

Scamper
    Free Member

Fitted my first SLX chainset last year. Even for butter fingers here, it was really easy – as said just follow instructions and ensure you choose the right spacer in the kit. The BB even comes (lightly) lubed for you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘SLX chainset and bottom bracket question’ is closed to new replies.