Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SLX brakes and bumpy descents
  • cyclistm
    Free Member

When riding bumpy descents my front SLX brake pulls right to the bar. The brakes work fine the rest of the time and they arent overheating as I’m not riding fast enough.

This is quite exciting and usually ends up in a Strava PR or a crash.

I’d rather like to fix this problem and wondered if anyone knows whats going on and let me know how to fix it?

Thanks

neilwheel
    Free Member

Have you tried bleeding it?

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

It needs bled, simple as that. Normally the air is sitting above the master cylinder so no problems, but as soon as it gets shaken it’ll turn the contents of the reservoir in the lever into foam and you get no brakes. Give it a minute and a few pulls of the lever, all the air comes back to the top, all ok again. If you turn the bike upside down for a minute then try the brakes I bet you’ll get the same result.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Quick fix – top up with fluid and leave the lever pulled to the bar overnight
    Proper fix – full bleed (Epic bleed kits and instructions are good)

matther01
    Free Member

I had similarish issue but where I had adjusted the lever reach too close to the bars and they went really spongy…moved them further away and they were fine. This was after they were bled twice. Apparently its a known issue. Not sure this helps but try this first before a bleed?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SLX brakes and bumpy descents’ is closed to new replies.