• This topic has 46 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Slumdog Millionaire- not impressed (sorry)
  • samuri
    Free Member

Aren’t we all forum-dwellers Drac? I do also beleive that STW’er are also certified-nerds. Now don’t go denying it deary

well I know which person I’d listen to about a review for something….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Dull story, DDL was just DDL like he is in every film he’s been in plays I could go on but a little drunk. Basically massively over hyped but hollywood and the Oscars.

That surprises me. IMO, the story was far from dull. It had me riveted to my seat from the moment it started to the finish. Paul Thomas Anderson (Magnolia, Boogie Nights) takes you to places you’re not quite sure you understand sometimes and can leave some of the audience bewildered I guess. Also loved that starting sequence

As for DDL, I understand he’s a love him or hate him guy – personally, I’ve been a big fan ever since My Left Foot. He doesn’t do many films (which for you is probably a relief) but I’m always impressed with the commitment to his roles (versus say, DiCaprio) especially in GoNY where he brought a human side to a fairly monstrous figure and again doing the same in TWBB (searching out very rare recordings of people speaking at the turn of the century oil rush towns so that he could get the accent down pat for example). It still remains for me, the best film I’ve seen this decade.

Anyway dude, it’s all down to opinion with film. It’d be boring if we all liked the same stuff.

hora
    Free Member

Anyway dude, it’s all down to opinion with film. It’d be boring if we all liked the same stuff.

Agree- films should be marmite. Provoke emotion, reaction and though.

alpin
    Free Member

slumdog….i too thought it was a bit pants. you knew what was coming – very predictable story line.

re. DiCaprio…. i think he’s a half decent actor. Catch Me If You Can (although the book is much better) and Basketball Diaries are both well acted.

hora
    Free Member

Ps. Samuri & Drac, I love you guys

aw
    Free Member

wife bought the DVD so hope to watch it tonight.

I agree with the comments about action films vs films with decent storyline…

hora – love the bennett re-mix!

Drac

Ps. Samuri & Drac, I love you guys

How’d you get that picture, you been spying through the window at us again?

That’s true and your reply is just that complete opposite of what I thought of the film.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Slumdog Millionaire- not impressed (sorry)’ is closed to new replies.