Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Slow Reverb – restricted lever travel
  • legend
    Free Member

Anyone it any ideas on this one? Seat post was great – right up until I got it serviced! Now it’s half the speed IT used to be, but not for the usual reasons (as far as it can tell). The problem is that you can’t fully push in the button to actuate it. If I open the bleed port it will go all the way in, seal it all back up again and its stopping 5mm or so short, meaning the post can’t move at full speed. Anyone have any ideas?

The obvious option is to get it back to the shop, but I’ve basically given up with them as I don’t trust them to sort out a anthing these days (serviced 4 items for me, messed up 3 – skillz)

swanny853

I would guess that would probably be a problem with the remote bleed Although I must admit I’m struggling to think of a cause for that specific problem, it could be the position of the remote screw on bleeding. If you have the bleed kit I would just give that a go, making sure the bleed screw is in the correct place

legend
    Free Member

Already tried bleeding it a couple of times. Got ever so slightly better after the first one. No harm in trying again, got a feeling that anything else will be a lot more invasive anyway

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I assume you’ve checked that the air pressure is 250psi?

legend
    Free Member

Yup. The other obvious thing is making sure that it’s not catching on my shifter. Pressure and position of the button both grand 🙁

mssansserif
    Free Member

Kink in the cable?

legend
    Free Member

Nope, cable run’s about as good as you could hope for (seat clamp is also good)

feed

Assume the return speed adjuster is fully opened ?

legend
    Free Member

yup. For extra weird points, iirc, when it’s slowed down you can get full travel on the button….. but obviously it’s then slow anyway

tillydog
    Free Member

Isn’t there something about having to leave an air pocket when the post is reassembled so that the valve in the post is able to move? If so, it sounds like the rebuilder might not have done this properly, so the travel of the valve is restricted.

Maybe.

rhid

I don’t know if will help bit my reverb was slow after a home service and the reason was the remote bolt was too tight and it was impacting the buttons ability to be pressed. I think I had lost a small washer on the bolt which was there to stop over tightening.

legend
    Free Member

Cheeky-ish bumpage.

Realised tonight that the post is going the same speed regardless of the position of the adjuster! The only difference is that when it’s set to slow you can push it in all the way. Getting the feeling that it’s been properly borked 🙁

tillydog
    Free Member

All the speed adjuster does is change the volume of oil in the remote line – normally, when the adjuster is set to fast, the valve inside the post opens more. It sounds like there is something restricting the movement of that internal valve.

If you’re not going to send it back to the people that serviced it, you’re probably going to have to pay someone else.

creamegg
    Free Member

The remote is easy do take apart and re-build so I would be tempted to give that a go and clean everything before re-assemble, paying particular attention to the valve bit

legend
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking that there’s just s circlip under the rubber boot that allows it all to come apart? Never damaged one so not had to work on one yet.

Need to speak to the shop again today about the shock they messed up (now at 4 weeks and counting). In two minds about sending the Reverb back as they’ve been mostly useless and dead slow to this point. Shame as the shop itself is good, certainly wont be using the suspension side again

creamegg
    Free Member

I don’t think theres a circlip under the rubber boot unless the design has changed. There is a clip that holds it all in under the reverb (the part that faces the bars when clamped). Remove this with a small flat head screw driver and it should all come apart (some bits like the barb screws off)

Ive damaged a few so quite familiar with the workings of a reverb remote 😆

legend
    Free Member

haha thanks for that! Think i’ve just assumed the was a circlip in there like a brake lever, I know the wee clip in the clamp area that you mean. Might have a go later today, nowt to lose

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Slow Reverb – restricted lever travel’ is closed to new replies.