Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Slow puncture on a car tyre-options?
  • walla24
    Free Member

Lose ~5psi over 24hours, can i just crack in a can of that tyre-weld stuff?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Nope as that is intended as a temporary fix, are you sure it’s not the valve core leaking?

Either way it’s off to the tyre fitters for you

mcmoonter
    Free Member

It’ll let you down when you most need it, get it fixed properly. I had one that was in fact a cracked alloy wheel.

thomthumb
    Free Member

could it be a porous wheel? go to the tyre fitters; my GF just had hers sorted for free – although i think you need a short skirt and heels for that offer 😉

defaultslipper
    Free Member

I took mine to a garage and they told me they couldn’t find where the leak was, but that if i could find it then they would fix it.
    So i stuck it in some soapy water and found where it was leaking air. Turned out to not be seated properly onto the rim so they took it off reapplied some glue and problem solved. Cost £9 and no problems since. If it’s a small hole puncture they can put a rubber bung in the tyre from the inside. Again only cost me £9 on another wheel at my local garage, 10 minute job.

RustyMac

I’d get it checked out, it could be a host of different things. It probably wouldn’t cost you much more to have it inspected and pay for a puncture repair at a friendly tyre fitters any way.

Dibbs
    Free Member

My daughter had a really slow puncture, a few weeks back (tyre taking 3 or 4 weeks to go down) I took it into Quickfit (because I was feeling lazy but it meant I could go to the LBS too), they found the puncture and it cost me £19 + a pair of M980 SPD’s the LBS sold me while I was waiting 🙄

geoffj

£19 to fix a puncture 😯

andyplasterer
    Free Member

take it to kwick fit ya tart lol

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Cost me £3 for one in the wifes a couple of months ago. Was the valve.

manicmanser
    Free Member

Soapy water to pin point the leak is best way to find were the leak is, an old Muc off bottle with friary liquid and water works for me, don’t forget, if it’s a Toyota you get free puncture repairs at most Toyota centre’s. Best not to mess around with it, as soon as it’s repair the better, and it can save a lot of money in the long run, because one day it will get used for too long when flat, then it’s game over for the tyre.

steveh

The bigger risk for me is that your slow is a nail or something in the tyre which can cause more damage or come out at some point leading to a sudden pressure loss. Just not worth the risk for the sake of a £10 fix.

walla24
    Free Member

thanks for the replies, interestingly it developed the problem after the new tyre was fitted so possibly not seated properly.
    I shall pop back and see. cheers all 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Slow puncture on a car tyre-options?’ is closed to new replies.