• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by ben.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Slow motion train platform
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Did we do this?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1xSa7gcYmU[/video]

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Well that’s 2 minutes of my life I’ll never get back.

scaredypants

did aything good happen after I turned off (say, 15 sec onwards) ??

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

nope – I kept waiting for it to be clever – with a constant perceived rate along the platform but people speeding up their movements as the train slowed and the clip speeded up – but it didn’t really look like that.

Rorschach
    Free Member

What…you mean you did’nt see it!!! Classic.

thepurist

Rorschach – I’ve heard that some people still miss it after watching 4 or 5 times. Unbelievable!

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

From the bloke who shot it…

“Action – There isn’t much of this either! I feel that adds to the experience: it’s repeatedly been described as mesmerising or hypnotic. I wanted to capture a slice of ordinary life that wouldn’t otherwise be seen, and adding a gimick would detract from that simple pleasure. I think it worked, particularly for international viewers who have picked up on everything from British signage (“Way Out” rather than “Exit”), to the relative slimness/attractiveness of average Bathonians compared to Americans. Many comments were to the effect that “this should be boring, but somehow it wasn’t”.

Still, there were plenty of suggestions for seeding the platform with characters to add excitement: gymnasts mid-jump, a timelord rushing through at ‘normal’ speed (any sprinters with a taste for cosplay?), a waiter spilling soup, a streaker… some celebrity cameos wouldn’t hurt either, although the youtube crowd think they’ve spotted a few already!”

So… Rorschach… keep looking at yer inkblots eh?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

For the benefit of those who couldn’t be bothered to watch to the end……

molgrips
    Free Member

I liked it!

ben
    Free Member

Me too!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Slow motion train platform’ is closed to new replies.