Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Slow cooker recipes
  • tails
    Free Member

Any good websites you guys can recommend? I’m going to buy one tomorrow and I’m getting excited thinking what I can make!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Slow cooked beef joint, then ‘pulled’ is much nicer than pulled pork.

nemesis
    Free Member

Pretty much any stew type recipe works ime

This is good with brisket – just shred it towards the end

http://www.abc.net.au/local/recipes/2011/07/05/3261194.htm

tails
    Free Member

Thanks that thread looks good

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Put it away in the bottom of the cupboard, same as me, and do a pot/oven roast instead. No intensification of flavour on stews was enough for me to go back to the old way.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I just leave the lid off.

Boom.

slow cooked and reduced.

binners

Like Josh said, I leave mine on low all day with the lid on, then take the lid off and whack it up to high for it to reduce.

I’ve just got the Hairy Bikers meat feast book for Crimbo, with a big slow cooker section, so hopefully I’ll be adding a few more to the repertoire. But this one is always a winner

As is this

Let us know how you get on

sic_nick

There isn’t any specific website I use but get to a butcher and find the cheaper cuts of meat like ox cheek, short rib, these need slow coking and garner wonderful results so easily, I even slow roast a shoulder of lamb for shepherds pie these days as it is often cheaper than lamb mince but oh so much better.

tails
    Free Member

Yeah I did read about using different cuts of meat, the supermarket don’t offer many cuts. Luckily my local Bookers cash and carry have a very good butcher.

eskay

bookmarked

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Slow cooker recipes’ is closed to new replies.