Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Slow clap for the Highways Agency
  • Flaperon

I'd just like to congratulate the Highways Agency for a superb example of joined-up thinking when they decided to simultaneously close both the M4 and the A303 last night.

I particularly enjoyed my 25 minute un-signed detour through Filton at 3am and encourage you to continue in this vein – with some effort you might be able to isolate London completely from the South West.

'kin idiots.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Yeah, but they've produced a nice iPhone app!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

sharkbait
    Free Member

True…… not the prettiest thing I've seen – I did say 'nice' and not 'great' 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I had been using a free app called 'traffic info' which was the simplest thing ever but it just draws in info from the HA site. Nice and easy to use but doesn't have the GPS location feature that the HA has.

porterclough
    Free Member

It's just as annoying to use as their website.

Let's suppose I'm in Sheffield and want to go to Manchester, 30 miles or so away. Which 'region' do I click on to get traffic reports? North East? Midlands? North West? All three? Rubbish.

coffeeking
    Free Member

with some effort you might be able to isolate London completely from the South West.

We can only hope 🙂

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

A colleague was caught out by this last night too, you weren't on the same flight back into Heathrow were you?! LOL

Flaperon

No, I was actually at Gatwick in the A320 simulator until 1am. 🙂

zaskar
    Free Member

I was going the other way where they decided to close the M32 and I had to drive all the way to Bath nearly so I could use the backroads as they closed the exits too.

I guess they had their reasons… 30 extra miles?! and I was not alone had other ppl follow me too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Slow clap for the Highways Agency’ is closed to new replies.