Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Slot Dropout Hardtail… What's out there? (26?)
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

Pretty much run my SS Inbred into the ground. I knew I should’ve bought a dozen at the time. Fair to expect 26″ slot dropouts are completely out of production from all manufacturers.

Anyway, I need to do a frame swap, i’m of the sort with 26 bits to use and lots of them.

Some quick internetting has revealed nothing exciting and I’m resolving myself to hunting through classifieds.

Any suggestions? Shameless plugs accepted.

nixie

What size? Want a simple?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Large. I want a new Inbred.

ontor
    Free Member

Surly 1×1?

Or get with the times (ha ha) and get a karate monkey

andysredmini
    Free Member

How about a chameleon 5.0. Santacruz do a swinging singlespeed dropout conversion for £30

simon1975

What’s wrong with your current frame? A nice strip and powdercoat and it’ll be like new?

himupstairs

new? old?
    I have a Kinesis decade virsa which although quite similar is lighter and generally better than the inbred I had a while ago.
    Got it for about £60 in very good used condition.

MrTricky
    Free Member

Surly Troll has slots. Surly Instigator 2 also has slots and extra dropouts for geared, bolt through etc plus tapered head tube and ability to run 26″, 26+ and 27″ so is pretty future proof. Fatter 26″ tyres are excellent – I run 3.0 front and 2.5 rear on mine.

jimbobo
    Free Member

Ive got a 19inch P7 that replaced my on one. I dont ride it anymore if youre inteested?

kayla1
    Free Member

New BFe with a Stinger as a chain tensioner, jobbed 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Slot Dropout Hardtail… What's out there? (26?)’ is closed to new replies.