Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • slopestyle commentary – BBC receives complaints
  • kilo

I’d be more inclined to complain about the highlights programme on BBC spending more time gobbing off about what people have been tweeting than on the speed skating for example

GrahamS

How does it compare to the commentary on the X-Games Slopestyle do you think:

[video]http://youtu.be/Z_-fCHG3Vy0[/video]

Crell
    Free Member

I’d much rather listen to “amateurish dross” from people who either compete in or understand the “sport” than have a “professional” BBC commentator talk dross and be utterly content free.

Ed Leigh was interviewed on R4 this morning, basically said look, we got carried away because our best mate won a medal at the Olympics. At times it did sound like they’d nicked a page from the Rob Warner guide to commentating and randomness, but I’ll take that any day over the generic commentator spiel that it could otherwise have been.

GrahamS

Well said Crell.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Anybody is better than Hugh porter

Houns

I thought it was great, no complaints here!

Could’ve been a lot worse, they could’ve had Hugh Porter doing it zzzzzz

razorrazoo

Meanwhile the guardian are reporting the opposite Linky

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Unbelievable that people would complain…… It was just brilliant all round and the commentators were proud and excited …… Above all they are knowledgeable and involved …. Let’s gave more of it. ,

seosamh77
    Free Member

Some people just need to find a decent hobby or something, complaining ain’t it!!

As someone completely lacking in any form of British identity, despite what my passport says. even I didn’t mind the commentary at all! Was just genuine elation imo. And why not…

slowoldman

I thought it was enjoyable, enthusiastic and exciting. It matched the sport. On the contrary, much of the commentary on other sports is turgid and boring. Pointless even. The sliding sports – “My Gunness” the commentary is dreadful. Skiing – despite Graham Bell’s stirling efforts once the race starts the commentary is the customary bland dross. Oh and as mentioned by earlier posters, the less said about Hugh Porter the better.

Come on Beeb, lets get rid of some of the old guard and bring in some of the young enthusiastic knowledgable sportsmen and women who understand what they are commenting on.

razorrazoo

^^^^^^^^^

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the matter too.

alpin
    Free Member

Other comments included: “She’s got a face that could help bread rise”; “this feels like I’ve got slugs in my knickers”; and “riding switch [back-to-front] is like writing left-handed while wearing a chip hat and being attacked by seagulls”.

As Jones waited for her score, Leigh noted: “I can feel my pulse in my lower intestine.”

“That’s not your pulse, Ed,” Warwood replied.

sounds good!

not your pluse…. haha!

shifter
    Free Member

Those needing to complain should stop watching slope style and watch Crammy commentating on the curling…

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘slopestyle commentary – BBC receives complaints’ is closed to new replies.