Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Slobodan Milosevic
  • SaxonRider

I have just read a fascinating piece on Milosevic, discussing his innocence. It seems that in his case, our narrative needs serious revision.

http://montrealgazette.com/opinion/opinion-butcher-of-the-balkans-wasnt-a-butcher-after-all

Anyone here take an interest in such things?

rs
    Free Member

Interesting, if you have a couple of hours to spare watch the weight of chains on youtube, its definitely not as clear cut as western media made out, and if you believe it all, could have been largely orchestrated by the US. You’ll see many US companies did well out of it all. My wife is Serbian, but born and grew up in Croatia, she had to leave Croatia during the war as it wasn’t safe to stay. I still don’t fully understand it all, they were all at it!

stewartc
    Free Member

Many years ago I sat in his court chair at The Hague during some project work I was carrying out there at the time.

Very interesting the break up of Yugoslavia and the forces at work there, even more so with Kosova. Amazing how a country can splinter so violently, especially compared with Czechoslovakia.

rs
    Free Member

The funny thing, if you can call it funny… I heard the situation in Kosovo, essentially giving a region of Serbia to the Albanians, was the equivalent of giving California to the Mexicans, now who would support that?

mrmoofo

Pol Pot was also very mis-understood …

nickc

Aye, the media were looking for a “baddie” and it was decided that was going to be the Serbs.

Like most of theses things, it was more nuanced than that.

Pigface
    Free Member

He was in charge when the Sarajevo siege was going on, that is enough to lock him up.

Plenty of other baddies around as well but he is one of them.

chubstr
    Free Member

Aww…..he seems nice!

globalti
    Free Member

I go to Serbia on business and my agent, a good friend and a cyclist to boot, is a Serb. In all the trips I’ve made there nobody has been willing to open up and discuss it with me but the Serbs are a proud, strong-willed people and there’s an undercurrent of resentment about what happened. Last time I was in Belgrade the two ministries still stood there, surrounded with hoardings, a huge hole through each one made by a Nato cruise missile. Nobody seems to have the will to knock them down and deal with the issue.

Mamy many years ago the Sunday Times ran an article on the Yugoslav Republic, written by somebody well-informed, explaining what was going to happen when, eventually, the whole thing broke up. It wasn’t good. I was so impressed that I cut out the article and kept it but of course when it all kicked off I couldn’t find the damned thing, I’d lost it.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Sibley is a known pro Serbian journalist who has worked with srebrenica deniers….and has defended Karadzic as well….

LOL

SaxonRider

Thanks for that, Tom_W. It’s an important response to read in light of the article I posted.

wrecker
    Free Member

if you have a couple of hours to spare watch the weight of chains on youtube

A bit serb-centric maybe, but a good watch and certainly more truth in it than was/is given to us by our propoganda media.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Slobodan Milosevic’ is closed to new replies.