Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Slipping seat post
  • blue_mountain_goat
    Free Member

How can I stop my seat post slipping?
    I have a mmmBop frame, a joplin 4 post and a Hope seat post clamp (not QW).
    I’ve tried climbing chalk which helps a lot but it still slips, any other tips?
    Thanks

robinbetts
    Free Member

Is the clamp in the right way round? I.e. the bolt side of the clamp is in the same side as the split in the seat tube. If it is, I can’t think of much else. You could try lubing up the bolt, as it might help you tighten if more, with less effort (that’s the general solution with a qr clamp, but don’t know if it would have much effect on a non qr).

blue_mountain_goat
    Free Member

mmm,yep, it’s definitely the correct way around. Would a different clamp work better?

neninja
    Free Member

You could try carbon assembly paste – it has gritty stuff in that will really help and shouldn’t trash the anod. on the Joplin as you won’t be raising and lowering it all the time.

dazzlingboy

+1 for carbon assembly paste – use it on my Thomson post which was constantly slipping – problem solved.

wwaswas

brant’ll be along to confirm but I *think* some Ragley frames were slightly overbored at one point (although I’m not sure was mmmbop). You can get a ragley 27.3 seatpost to compensate.

[edit] which won’t help you and your Joplin – I must read the whole post next time…

blue_mountain_goat
    Free Member

😀 Thanks nonetheless wwaswas.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Slipping seat post’ is closed to new replies.