Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Slipping QR
  • ratherbeintobago

I have an ancient Raleigh hybrid. I’ve had a few issues with the QR slipping on the drive side, which has occurred with different skewers. Any suggestions other than ‘just do it up tighter’?

scotroutes

Get a Shimano QR – even a Deore one will do.

nickjb
    Free Member

It could be related to a misaligned frame or a twisted dropout. That said a shimano skewer should fix it. Thus kind with the internal cam:

CraigW
    Free Member

What kind of dropouts does it have? If horizontal dropouts, some sort of chaintugs could help.

ratherbeintobago

Forward sloping dropouts. Wrong direction for a chain tug as far as I can see…

I’ve got an XT skewer around somewhere I’ll put on. It has security skewers on at the moment but it’s not exactly a big job to lock through the back wheel.

CraigW
    Free Member

The Surly Hurdy Gurdy chaintug is designed to work with forward-facing sloping dropouts. http://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/components-c9/chain-devices-tensioners-c62/surly-hurdy-gurdy-chain-tensioner-p2625

dirtydog
    Free Member

security skewers on at the moment

I’d bet that’s your problem, I use Halo hex skewers and they don’t provide anywhere near the torque Shimano skewers do.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Slipping QR’ is closed to new replies.