Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Slipping post
  • oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Had the 1st proper ride on my spec camber (carbon). i noticed the post was slipping down slowly whilst riding. i tightened the clamp and it sort of fixed it. im not happy with it TBH, there seems to be quite a bit of slack between the post and frame. im going to measure it tomorrow with my verniers and bore gauge.

any one had the same issues? any ideas?

bruneep

did you use carbon paste?

Rosss
    Free Member

Used to happen all the time on my stumpy when I had it new. It hasn’t happened since I changed the seat clamp to a hope. I don’t think the standard spec one was up to much.

z1ppy

Need another couple of rides to completely confirm it, but my slipping (ali) post has been fixed with carbon assembly paste.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

why would i use carbon paste? its a full bike i didnt build it. should it be supplied with it?

ill look into a hope clamp.

cheers

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

well, its over sized by 1.3mm! is this ok/in tolerance? I could put a 31.6 post in it?

wwaswas

is this ok/in tolerance?

no.

what size should it be and what size is it?

what size is the seatpost (measured)?

1.3mm is huge though, the post should be waving around, not just slipping.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

it was supplied from new with a 30.9 post when i unclamp the collar it is is 32.2 if you look at the slits in the frame to take up the slack and clamp the post there is a visible gap. i will try to get some snaps tomorrow.

shaun

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Slipping post’ is closed to new replies.