Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Slippery Handjob!
  • 1981miked
    Free Member

Dear all, wonder if anybody can help. I have a Cove Handjob with an SDG I Beam seatpost and a Hope Qr clamp. My problem is that the seatpost keeps slipping down into the seat tube. I have the skewer as tight as it will go and it still slips. How annoying is that! Anybody got a similiar problem? If so what did u do? Im away 2 get another seatpost and like the Azonic Hd, apparantely that is a tighter fit! Dnt see how as 27.2 is the same in Sdg world and Azonic world. I have an allen key clamp on just now and it doesn’t slip as much but it aint very practicle and alot more time consuming 2 drop the saddle at the fun bits. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx.

NZCol

Get some of the carbon paste stuff and use that instead of grease. Has solved my slippage issues.

enfht
    Free Member

agreed, Finish Line Fiber Grip is cheapest at 7 quid. Worked for me.

At this point I’d make a joke about Handjobs and reaching the Finish Line but it’s too early

DezB
    Free Member

Is it a new style Hope 30.0 or old style?
    I’ve got a new type on my HJ and hardly have to put any pressure on the QR to get it tight enough.

shoefiti
    Free Member

Agreed – you need a firm grip for a handjob.

1981miked
    Free Member

ill give the grease a shot. Will it restrict the movement of the post tho? And will it make a mess? I was hoping 2 get a silver post. Go on make the joke, yes it is a new hope qr. I just want a nice firm grip for my handjob. Is that 2 much 2 ask!

SiB
    Free Member

+1 for carbon grease, worked a treat. And while I was there the qr clamp got a good seeing to with it also.

1981miked
    Free Member

ill give the grease a shot. Will it restrict the movement of the post tho? And will it make a mess? I was hoping 2 get a silver post. Go on make the joke, yes it is a new hope qr. I just want a nice firm grip for my handjob. Is that 2 much 2 ask!

I_Ache
    Free Member

I had this on my DMR. I found out by taking a chance that the double bolt up clamp that was the correct size according to all the numbers that DMR supplied was actually too big! I had a 30.0mm on and that slipped so I put a 28.6mm hope qr on and it didnt slip after that.

tinsy
    Free Member

Put some of that grease on the cam of the QR, and inside the clamp bit too, be amazed how much tighter you can do up the QR when its lubed up.

metalheart
    Free Member

I too used to have this problem.

I solved it by buying a Soul (and Thomson s/p).

Never been bothered with it since…

🙂

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Had the same problem on my stumpy, carbon paste worked a treat.

I bought this stuff, cheap as chips £4.88 for a good size tube inc free shipping (got it next day)

http://www.kudubikes.co.uk/cgi-bin/trolleyed_public.cgi?action=showprod_SCOTTCARBONGREASE

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Slippery Handjob!’ is closed to new replies.