Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Slippertrackworld
  • steel4real
    Free Member

This thread reminded me I needed to replace my own slippers.

Previous NorthFace mini sleeping bag ones only lasted about a year, as have subsequent M&S / Debenhams ones so I don’t know how some get the NF ones to last years !?

So I’ve just been to Tesco F&F and bought some – the ones that seemed most comfy and not too warm. £8 (although the blue version of the same ones were only £6 but the pair in my size looked a bit rough and my last M&S ones were blue so I thought I’d have a change). Soles seem OK enough to nip to the bin etc.

slowoldman

Well thanks for the comprehensive list!!

lambchop
    Free Member

Crocs Mammoth seconded. No side holes like standard Caymans, so good for a quick forray outside; rubbish out, nipping to the shops etc. Can pop the inners into the washing machine for a freshen up too.

Travis

Wife— what you doing?

Me— on Singletrack Forum

Wife— Not another bike!

Me— no, reading about slippers………..

Officially, old.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I’ve go Mahabis on my Xmas list but maybe I’ve fallen for the marketing.

yes, don’t do it.

I bought two pairs, one for the wife and one for me.

Wife gave up on them real fast, I persisted for a little while out of stubbornness but they went tatty quickly (felt finish), the heel support was useless, and I nearly broke my toe going upstairs when the attacheable sole came away as I brushed the edge of the step with the front of my foot.

ahsat

I’m wondering about changing to those NF Traction ones, as my current set of NF tent mules are a year old and I’ve worn though the base (p20 will now point out that’s because I go outside in them…only to tell him dinner is ready whilst he’s in the garage…)

Only thing is I don’t want something which damages the carpets.

binners

Up until last year I have never ever worn slippers. I had a pair of those weird ripstop Puma Velcro trainers. God, I loved those! The most comfortable footwear ever.

But they were minging! And eventually fell apart. I had a look for another pair, and they’re now some weird retro cool nonsense and were going tor £120 a pair. **** that!

Then I was getting some hiking boots and spotted these

I look proper ‘special’ in them. But, dear god, they’re Uber-comfy and toasty warm. They’re essentially two sleeping bags for your feet

frogstomp

Just got some Teva Ember Mocs which are kind of a slipper / shoe / tent mule hybrid.. so good for wandering in and out of the house. So far, so toasty!

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Another vote for Homeys. Just size down as they will stretch. I wasn’t fussed about slippers until I was bought some. Super comfy. Soles do wear if you use them outdoors.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Another vote for Homeys. Just size down as they will stretch. I wasn’t fussed about slippers until I was bought some. Super comfy. Soles do wear if you use them outdoors.

reformedfatty
    Free Member

Just sheepskin ones. Fabulously decadent

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Slippertrackworld’ is closed to new replies.