Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • slippers, can they be manly?
  • rOcKeTdOg

i don't wear them, but am being badgered into it, my excuse being they all look like pensioners wear or girly, do macho slippers exist?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Slippers are ace. Just treated myself to some hot Matalan jobbies this very evening. Wearing them right now and they're top performers. Very pleased and only a fiver.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Buy a comfy pair of trainers – take laces out – slippers ! 😉

julianwilson
    Free Member

A friend who worked in a skate shop once gave me some DVS Ozzy signature slippers:

very manly!

Bunnyhop

We have a cold house with wooden and tiled flooring downstairs, so slippers are pretty useful.
    However I really don't like them on men. The only way around this is for me to purchase the said footwear, then mr b.h doesn't look like a pratt. They're a type of suede mule, sort of trendy.

mamadirt
    Free Member

So, who buys all the men's slippers in the shops then – I'm guessing women 🙄 . Explains why my lads never wear their Christmas presents 😳 – I've given up buying them now.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

slippers, can they be manly?

No.

antigee

no no no they are the work of the devil without a doubt

they are part of a lifestyle choice that may include leisure shopping as a meaningful concept

chvck
    Free Member

My slippers have Mr. Grumpy on them….they may not be manly but I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't like them 😀

ronjeremy
    Free Member

about to treat myself to a pair from these guys so yes they can

firestarter
    Free Member

i got some really good boot type ones whilst in norway and i used them to walk thru the bosnian snow with a gun to the kiwi bar to get drunk now you dont get more manly than that 😉

antigee
    theotherjonv

the devils tools.

Get a decent pair of cricket socks instead. Thick padded soles, warm as you like, and you can do skids on the parquet when the wife isn't looking.

http://romida.co.uk/index.php/clothing/horizon/horizon-marl-grey-county-socks-cat-no-024030.html

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

weird you should mention that – I saw some North Face fleece and pertex style ones in Cotswold today and was almost tempted for the first time ever!

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

weird you should mention that – I saw some North Face fleece and pertex style ones in Cotswold today and was almost tempted for the first time ever!

Kuco

i've got some slippers from Church's the shoe company.

duntmatter
    Free Member

sort of trendy

Hahahahahaha!

Hairychested
    Free Member

If you ride a Marin, have a beard and smoke a pipe then yes. Otherwise – who cares?

Ambrose

I used to have a pair of these until the puppy chewed them to bits. Sadly no longer available in my size, they were great for bothy trips (waterproof sole) and generally slumming about in the house

m0nster2
    Free Member

Manly?
    Nah.

I've got some of these though:

Proper toasty they are too.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

shoes, socks, bare foot.

No occasion I can think of where slippers are neccesary.

Maybe if I lived down south.

CountZero

Don't care about manly or not. Won't wear shoes in the house when I'm just dossing, and I need something on my feet if I have to go outside. Wet paving slabs are uncomfortable in just socks, and I'm not running upstairs to get me shoes. My slippers are suede moccasin types, so shoe-like, and I have an old pair of Merrell Winter Mocs as well.

wee-al
    Free Member

All the haters can shut up or get with the proggrame! Slippers are aces. Fact. Theres nothing to dislike about them. They may not look the coolest but you don't have to wear them to the pub do you?

giddyrob
    Free Member

Slippers server a purpose, which as far as I am aware is not to be manly or otherwise!

Can leg warmers be sociable……

chopperT
    Free Member

I had a pair of these bad boys. Standard issue at NASA apparently. Can't get more manly than that.

ononeorange

Slippers are good. The "outdoor shoe police" are vigilant at ours – it's impossible to get past the mat with shoes on. Which means – cold feet on tiles or slippers. And they rock!

flatfish
    Free Member

Sheepskin lined crocs are the way forward.

nedrapier

These ones, Kuco?

Fancy Dan! Do you wear them with the smoking jacket? 😀

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Reet comfy. Don't get what you mean by 'manly' tho'……………did Stephen Gately wear them, is that what you mean?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

A bit overpriced mind:

BigDummy
    Free Member

Slippers cannot be manly. But I'm pretty sure keeping your house warm enough that you don't need to wear slippers isn't very manly either. 🙂

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘slippers, can they be manly?’ is closed to new replies.