Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Slime sliding off my Nuggets – help
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

Made some chicken nuggets this evening which the weans declared were excellent. So that’s super. However I did have a problem getting the coating to stick to the chicken. I had them dipped in beaten egg, as you do, but even then the [soon to be ]crust kept sliding off and leaving me with only semi coated nuggets.

Any tips on how to get the egg to stick to the chicken, and then the flour/paprika/crumbs etc to stick to the egg?

ta

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Flour first, then egg, then breadcrumbs.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

what really?
    It’s that simple.

Doh

leffeboy

And let me congratulate you on a beautifully written thread title
    no way could I not click on it 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

And season the flour – salt, pepper, paprika and oregano. Yum.

maccruiskeen

either get someone to help you or be clever with your hands – if the same hands go from the flour to the egg to the crumbs then you end up with big clods of breadcrumbed on your fingers. Fine if you want to then deep fry your hands as well , not so good if you want to try and use them for cooking the rest of the meal

– once crumbed handling with floury fingers is fine so if you flour and drop in the egg get someone else to do the egging-to-breadcrumbs without flour on their hands then you can take them out of the breadcrumbs or be clever with left and right handed-ness

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Yep, as above, the key is flour > egg > breadcrumbs

or, I’ve found recently,

egg > well seasoned flour (stop. No breadcrumbs).

I find herbs in the flour can burn before it’s all cooked so I use salt, pepper (white), paprika and a teeny-tiny bit of chilli powder.

hammyuk
    Free Member

as above – but use a fork to move the meat 😉

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Here goes

maccruiskeen

this is exciting

thegeneralist
    Free Member

this is exciting

Living the dream man, Living the dream.

It stuck. No really, it did. The crumbs stuck to the gunk.

My life is now complete.

When I’m dropping in to the back corries at Aonach Mhor this weekend I can look back on this moment and it’ll all seem worthwhile.

oh yeah

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Slime sliding off my Nuggets – help’ is closed to new replies.