• This topic has 83 replies, 60 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by benp1.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • Slim Wallets
  • BillOddie

Need a new wallet and it would be nice to have something akin to half a house brick in my pocket.

Does anyone have any recommendations for these new fangled slim wallets?

Need to carry a few cards, bit of folding cash and a few coins.

DrP

I fell for the bellroy advert (it will now appear..) at the top of the STW page.

Actually, it’s a brilliant wallet and really well made!

Note sleeve

DrP

jimdubleyou

I have a Bellroy – multiple styles available.

It was ridiculously expensive for a wallet, but I haven’t needed another one since.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

i miss my jimi wallet, and sadly cant seem to find anywhere in the uk that still sells them

BigDummy
    Free Member

Another Bellroy here. Very pleased with it.

everyone
    Free Member

I got a bellroy note sleeve for my birthday last year.
    I love it but I wouldn’t keep too many coins in it.

simon_g

Coins? Haven’t seen anything with a coin part that could be described as “slim”. I just keep some in a little bag in the car for parking.

I got an Aspinal wallet via their ebay store (they sell off embossed initials ones cheap), and have ended up just using the removable ID part of it (like this).

Clear side has my driving licence and a credit card to beep in/out on London transport. Other cards go in the other side, with a few notes tucked in the part behind those.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

NiteIze for me. Awesome.

tthew

I have a leather superdry one, which I like. No zips or closure straps, which makes quite a difference. Slimest I ever had was a paper wallet, made from Tyvek, lated ages but didn’t really look very smart.

edit – that niteize one there – does that not punch holes in your trousers and upholstery?!

benp1

Bellroy here too. It’s good, wore quite quickly at first but has settled down now

It’s pretty slim, and does force you to think about what you carry

I can’t remember which one mine is, it’s the one with a couple of stealth slots

ourmaninthenorth

Card holder. Takes 6 cards + has a central section if I’m desperate to take more. Sometimes slot a couple of notes in there (just fold up).

Mostly don’t bother with cash these days.

Maybe that’s the solution?

iainc

Belroy also here, does the job

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Been using Jimi wallets for a few years as I detest bulky wallets, that do suffer from weak hinges in my experience, but was given a Tru Virtu wallet for Xmas that I’ve yet to try.

rOcKeTdOg

one of these, I get no royalties! http://www.beerbabe.co.uk/ourshop/prod_2460601-rocketdog-Wallet.html

or the anti-scan your card version http://beerbabe.co.uk/ourshop/prod_4517301-No-Rob-rocketdog-Wallet.html

and if you damage it (mine is 4 years old with no tears) you can patch it with a tube repair kit

pealy
    Free Member

Jimi here too – no coin storage but it stops you cramming lots of nonsense in your wallet – Most wallets start off pretty slim until you load them up, maybe more a behavioral issue to be addressed?

votchy
    Free Member

Pretty Green one is nice, comes with a free plectrum if you are that way inclined 😉

weeksy

rOcKeTdOg – Member

one of these, I get no royalties! http://www.beerbabe.co.uk/ourshop/prod_2460601-rocketdog-Wallet.html

or the anti-scan your card version http://beerbabe.co.uk/ourshop/prod_4517301-No-Rob-rocketdog-Wallet.html

and if you damage it (mine is 4 years old with no tears) you can patch it with a tube repair kit

Any better pics ?

Kahurangi

If we’re discussing slimming down your wallet in general – is there a way/app to scan and store your club cards etc. on your phone? I never carry my B&Q card with me and end up scanning the code from an email instead.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Apple Pay here. No wallet or cash. If the shop doesn’t do it then I don’t shop there. I tend to buy most stuff off the internet really so only really use it at pubs and coffee shops.

councilof10
    Free Member

I’ve got a little Secrid wallet, I still get a great deal of satisfaction from flamboyantly pulling the trigger to produce a neatly-stacked cascade of credit cards when I’m at the till…

Makes me feel a bit Alan Partridge…

benp1

Sounds harsh maybe, but the jimi looks like something I’d give my kids would use

davosaurusrex

Another vote for the Bellroy notesleeve. Had mine for a while and it’s in great nick, best wallet I’ve owned by far. Got mine a bit cheaper from Working Class Heroes

sam_underhill

Dash wallet and store cards on the StoCard app.

rossburton
    Free Member

I’m a big fan of the Trove slim wallet (trove.cc).

cp

Really like my Cambie WOLYT. Currently houses 3 payment cards, a few notes and work clock card. Could get another thin card in there before it gets tight (e.g. BC membership card). I wondered how I’d get on without the raft of crap I used to take round, but it forces me to me more disciplined and I’ve never looked back.

WOLYT™ Sleeve RFID – Cobalt/Brown

fanatic278
    Free Member

If you can find one in UK (they’re on Amzaon I think), then I recommend all-ett. Comes with coin holder if you like – leather or nylon:

benp1

Thanks for the tip on Stocard. Downloaded and in use

Also works on my watch, winner!

rossburton
    Free Member

I can endorse Trove for slimish – whilst it’s just a strip of elastic and leather so is perfectly happy with three cards, I’ve got 8 plastic cards and almost 10 paper cards in mine right now.

stevious

I spent some time on Slim Wallet Junkie and ended up getting a BASICS one. Fairly cheap and holds everything it needs to without fuss. Much prefer it to my old bulky one.

onandon
    Free Member

Trove for me. Purchased as a holiday wallet but is now my go to.

Here

benp1

That Trove wallet is very cool actually, I like that

One of the big problems with slim wallets is you can’t carry cash easily. I have £45 in ’emergency cash’ in my wallet, just in case I really need to do something and don’t have a way to pay. And always like to have £20-£50 in cash for everyday use, don’t know how well this would sit in a slim wallet

cp

don’t know how well this would sit in a slim wallet

folded into 4, the Cambie I have works fine – will hold 5 or 6 notes folded.

onandon
    Free Member

I can fit over 300 in the trove in folded 20s. Went to buy some wheels a few weeks back so know 🙂

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Phone case/wallet here, an otterbox. Holds 4 cards and a few notes. I use my pockets for change.
    Not having to carry a wallet is a revelation. One less thing to forget!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Jimi wallet here perfect size to have everything encapsulated. I’d replace mine, but as has been said, the hinges are weak. Mine has a wrap of duct tape holding it all together.

benp1

Dammit, this thread has just cost me money

I’ve just bought a Trove wallet, despite me being quite happy with my Bellroy!

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I was going to get a Bellroy, then wandering through Little Italy in NY I came across a guy selling Big Skinny wallets. I bought the Curved in Nylon but wish Id got the leather as well now as it’s great.

CountZero

i miss my jimi wallet, and sadly cant seem to find anywhere in the uk that still sells them

You can get them direct from Jimi in the States, just as easy and possibly cheaper than getting them in the UK.
    The hinge is indeed a weak point, I’ve broken a couple just catching them on something solid.
    I carry mine attached to a heavy duty paracord lanyard, and that’s when I’ve caught it, just by not putting it in my pocket properly and it’s dropped out.
    I’ve seen a similar wallet, which is hingeless, and which can carry up to 12 cards and twenty notes,plus a couple of memory cards; it’s called the EZGO, and it’s very cheap, so I’m going to get a couple and see if it proves more durable than my jimi.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/E-Z-GO-Ezgo-Wallet/dp/B00OZNW772

mikertroid
    Free Member

Cheap Jack Wills cardholder wallet here. Keeps about 10 cards (probably designed for half that!) and I put the odd note in there too.
    Makes a huge difference not having a fat bulky wallet full of rubbish.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Slim Wallets’ is closed to new replies.