Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Slim touring baggies
  • clubby

Just skim read this so apologies if they’ve been mentioned but I’m loving Giro’s fitted baggies, New Road I think. Not cheap but really comfy. Fitted but flattering.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

No one mentioned NZO Dobies?
    Gorgeous fit, a padded baggy for wearing instead of Lycra AND baggies.

tang
    Free Member

Got some fwe, great fit and not too spendy.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    AlexSimon

Missed these latest updates.
    Thanks for going through the trouble jimmy 🙂 Very disappointed in lack of photos though 😉
    What size have you been buying?
    Are the small pockets on the DHB a pain?

Those NZO Dobies look pretty interesting although quite ‘mountain bikey’.
    In theory I like the idea of shorts that don’t mean full lycra liners, but most of the ones I’ve tried have rubbed after 2-3 hours.

jimmy

Just seen these Vaude shorts on Sportspursuit. Look pretty decent, sadly not my size.

AlexSimon

jimmy – Member

Just seen these Vaude shorts on Sportspursuit. Look pretty decent, sadly not my size. Nor mine

AlexSimon

I ended up with Rab Vertex shorts.
    Ridden with them a few times now – they are almost perfect for me.
    Pros:
    – Thin, stretchy quick-drying material (the latter thoroughly tested this morning!)
    – 3 Zip pockets
    – Close fit
    – Long in the leg
    – Reasonable price (£33 posted on sale)

Cons:
    – Not high in the back
    – Need a belt (I just took a very light plastic clip-type thing off another pair of shorts).

To make them perfect, I would put the cargo pocket in a similar place to Race Face Ambush shorts (diagonally at the back of the thigh) and include a little clip belt or tightening system. A little higher cut in the back too.

dknwhy

They seem similar to my Decathlon ones.

AlexSimon

Yep – similar, but unfortunately the Decathlon ones in small were very short in comparison (similar to the FWE Evans ones). TBH I think these Rabs are meant to go over the knee, but in a small they are just right.

A lot of manufacturers seem to tie in waist size to length which is a shame for us slim, normal-height peoeple.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Slim touring baggies’ is closed to new replies.