Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Slightly OT PSA – SALAMON XA PRO ULTRAS CHEAP
  • grueller
    Free Member

Go outdoors for £26
    http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/salomon-mens-xa-pro-3d-running-shoes-p139549
    just ordered so hopefully they’re not lying

schmiken

Thanks very much, I’ve just ordered some too!

ojom
    Free Member

Thanks.

Needed a new set – good timing.

druidh
    Free Member

tbc – only boring old black tho!

user-removed
    Free Member

Cheers! That’s insnely cheap! Love those trainers and get them half price from work (P/T ski slope lackey) but that’s even cheaper – ordered two pairs…

seanoc
    Free Member

Cheers; good shoes. Heavy but good for dry trails and fireroad.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Are they any good?

Fit? Wide or narrow?

user-removed
    Free Member

Al – pretty ‘ordinary’ fit really… I’d say, narrowish if pressed, but they have a one-lace system which actually works very well at moulding the shoe round your foot. I live* in mine and they last very well (working and lots of walking rather than running).

*EDIT, I don’t actually reside in them, like the old woman who lived in a shoe.

druidh
    Free Member

I have a pair of those and a pair of the Goretex version. Basically all I wear (on my feet) when not hillwalking or cycling.

matt_outandabout

Aye – smidge small and smidge narrow – so I usually take a 9, but do a 9.5 in these.

grueller
    Free Member

spreading the love

scott-b
    Free Member

Thanks bud.
    Ordered.

dobo
    Free Member

i have the gtx versions which are great, for road and off road, not as agressive as speed cross 2 for off road.
    for what its worth they are also selling the gtx version for the ladies for £31, even bigger bargin, bought the misses some, in dull black though

seanoc
    Free Member

The toe box is pretty wide – certainly wouldn’t say it’s a narrow shoe.

druidh
    Free Member

dodbo – is the fit the same for the SpeedCross 2? They’re doing them at £46 and I fancy a pair….

allyharp

I have the Goretex version and find the soles incredibly slippy about town in the wet – particularly on damp train station or supermarket floors! They’re much better in less urban settings though, and at that price these are a steal.

dobo
    Free Member

i dont currently have the speedcross 2 but from what i recall they were tehh same size.
    imo i think they are not narrow and not wide fitting. somewhere inbetween, if anything sligthly narrow than wide, kinda opposite of seanoc but that oppinion for you..
    my addidas kania now they were narrow!!

seanoc
    Free Member

Okay; I’m comparing them to Inov8 X-Talons and Salomon Speed Cross 3’s both of which are built on a narrow last.These shoes are renowned for having a roomy toe box, a low heel and a wide sole – that’s why they are so stable out on the trail. I’ve done an Ultra in them and, apart from the weight, found them pretty good.

DezB
    Free Member

Blimey , got mine for 50 quid from Snow and Rock and thought that was cheap! Can’t justify another pair. Can I?!

matt_outandabout

Speedcross = same fit. Had a couple of pairs, and paddle canoe in an old pair occasionally.

dobo
    Free Member

whats the bet we all get emailed tomorrow saying out of stock.. assume they selling em off cheap for new stock?

druidh
    Free Member

The V2s are already showing on the site. I was thinking I’d take a trip down to my local branch in the morning to see what they have.

grahamt1980

I ordered 2 pairs, I used to live in the XA pros (the original ones) until they got stupid expensive. So I’m really happy now.
    Cheers OP

andyl46
    Free Member

good man, interested to see if I get a pair now!

DezB
    Free Member

Camelbak for less than the price of a bladder too
    http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/cloudwalker-p151770

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ta.

Anyone actually run in them? 😉

druidh
    Free Member

Me. Round Harlaw. But I’m not ” a runner” so I wouldn’t know if they are good or bad. Still at least it’s off road tho eh?

Woody
    Free Member

The man in the vid breaks into a bit of a jog now and again Al.

Just bought a pair of these Merrells. Bargain, thanks for the link.

aracer
    Free Member

is the fit the same for the SpeedCross 2? They’re doing them at £46 and I fancy a pair….

Got mine for £19 😉 http://www.royles.biz/category/2224/Trail_Mens – though they’ve only got a few sizes (having girly sized feet I often tend to win the size lottery on sale shoes).

If the fit is the same as XA pros, then I’d describe it as narrow. They might have plenty of space in the toe box, but narrow in the mid-foot – not something I mind, but it could be an issue for some.

cynic-al
    Free Member

**** website isn’t working for me.

IME they never have what I reserve anyway.

superfli
    Free Member

Bargain and a great shoe! They are a wide fit at the toes, not narrow!?
    I run fairly regular off road in these and cant fault them. Also walked/ran 3 peaks in them last year 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ooh got it to work now…

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Thanks, just got some. Replaced my knackered goretex ones which are now like slippers.

timbur
    Free Member

Anyone had acknowledgement yet?
    Ordered last night and nothing through on the email to even note that I’ve given them my CC details :O/

tim

DT78
    Free Member

Couple of cheap merrells on there to if walking round town is more your thing.

colonelwax
    Free Member

Hmm, don’t rate them as running shoes, far too heavy and stiff.

Stupidly comfy walking shoes mind, just ordered a replacement pair for me old ones, cheers for the PSA.

dan1980
    Free Member

Anyone had acknowledgement yet?

I got the usual

This email is only an acknowledgement that we have received your order.

The order has now been passed to our dispatch team to be processed and payment will be taken once we have confirmed the items are in stock.

so fingers crossed. Doubt they’ll have stock though…

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve got am email!

Unfortunately, all the items you ordered are currently out of stock.

Business as usual…

dobo
    Free Member

i got the order email as usual but no email to say out of stock yet.

loged into account this morning and shows out of stock status but doesnt say which item i bought is out of stock, which is very unhelpful.

Houns

Reserved a pair to collect at the wolves store, they were showing stock. Got a call to say they were totally sold out and not getting any more. They did offer me 10% off the goretex versions which are £65 at the mo

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Slightly OT PSA – SALAMON XA PRO ULTRAS CHEAP’ is closed to new replies.