Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Slightly OT: Family things to do / places to ride near Alp d'Huez?
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

Here on a family holiday. What is there to do with a young family? Seen something on the ice caves at Les deux alpes but does anyone know if they’re open in summer?

And also the only route I know for some family biking is the red route in the valley near Bourg d’oisans??

peteimpreza

There is a Zoo in Bourg d’Oisans and a public swimming pool.

There is a route that goes all around the base of the valley. The VTT route that heads up the valley towards Venosc is no too technical on the way out. Fantastic waterfall on this route about 2 miles out of town.

Loads of free maps and information in the Tourist Information office.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

It’s a long time ago (10years), but I recall driving up the valley that goes to la Berade (road to venosc) and seeing signs for white water rafting and via ferrata.

peteimpreza

There is an animal park there as well.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Yhanks guys, I’ll have a look for the zoo, and pay a visit to the tourist information

honourablegeorge

There’s a kid’s bobsleigh ride thing at the bottom of the main st. in Alpe D’Huez. And an outdoor ice rink, dunno if it’s open to the public, and a pool adjacent

snaps
    Free Member

How young are they? That XC3 route in the valley near Bourg d’oisans includes about 2 miles on a main road!
    Plenty of kids enjoying the toboggan ride near the top of the chairlift up from Huez last week & a swimming pool just up the road.
    I think you get free entry to both if you buy a Visialp lift pass.

izakimak
    Free Member

The white water rafting etc is about 6k further up the road from venosc, on the red route yourthinking of is the cascade de la pisse or if you drive to bourg d’org the is another waterfall and some walks in the ecrins national park. i’m currently sat in the van at venosc waiting for the rain to ease a bit before going up to les deux alpes.

lucien

There is a Go Ape thingy at Venosc / Les Deux Alpes that is awesome – hardest thing I’ve ever done.

Walking locally is pretty awesome too – pretty well signed and great views

There is luge, pump track and carousel at Les Deux Alpes

Both my kids loved the chair lifts, cable cars and you can get to snow at both resorts.

Oh, and both good for riding too

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Kids are 1 and 3. I have the croozer trailer, so thats the limit of the biking this year at least.

And it is currently seriously pee’ing down 🙁

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Slightly OT: Family things to do / places to ride near Alp d'Huez?’ is closed to new replies.