Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Slightly humbling video
  • TooTall
    Free Member

This is a mate of mine from work.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrXvg1ERTc4[/video]

I don’t know about you lot, but a bloke (who happened to have lost the use of one arm in a mountain bike crash) riding a DH course makes me feel like I really have no cohones or skills.

I am really proud to know him. Cheesy, but needed to be said.

smiff
    Free Member

try riding off road with one arm behind your back… not easy, especially braking. how did he lose his arm though?

grum
    Free Member

Good on him, very impressive. God knows what the arm pump must be like. Not sure I’ll ever ride Champery even with two arms.

seven
    Free Member

Impressive. I was wondering how he had adapted the brakes to both be on the right, but then he says “I wish I had a back brake about now” – respect

I wouldn’t ride it with 2 arms and 2 brakes

grum
    Free Member

On the YouTube comments he says he has two brakes on the one side. I assume he must have meant he wished he could use back brake only and not both together?

TooTall
    Free Member

He paralysed his arm in a rather hefty DH mountainbiking crash in 2006. He has both brake levers on the RHS but the rear one had a fault – as he says

“during this run my back brake was and still is suffering with fade because it’s drawing in air through a dodgy lever”

BobaFatt
    Free Member

If i remember rightly, MBUK profiled his bike a couple of months ago in their superbikes article they do

RealMan
    Free Member

Riding DH one armed is pretty nuts, but riding down that track with one arm is mental, loads of respect.

chiefgrooveguru

I hate to think how steep that is in real life because it looks stupidly steep on camera! Amazing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Slightly humbling video’ is closed to new replies.