Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Slight OT: Tattoos
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Does anyone find that crashing, i.e. cuts and grazes, damages their tattoos?

Excuse me if this is a naive question, but I’ve never had a tattoo and I’m thinking of getting one, but I don’t want all that fine artwork destroyed the first time I wipe out on a fast berm.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Yeah, the smallest scrape and they’re gone. Handy if you don’t like them in a few years.

rnn14
    Free Member

I would imagine you only need to worry about tattoos rubbing off if you’re getting it done in henna, and that would just be silly.

mikey74
    Free Member

Oooo sarcasm, I like it 😆

I’m not talking about them rubbing off, that would be a bit stupid: I assume the only real problem is caused by permanent scar tissue.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

If you go deep enough, then yes.

My forearm tattoo is a bit messed up by some surgery/pin placement, and my mates elbow/forearm tattoo has been ‘worn away’ by some road rash.

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks Trowel, that’s kinda what I was thinking.

Not enough to put me off getting one, just thinking out loud.

naedeyw
    Free Member

If it’s, like, a real core wipeout then amputation can spoil the tattoo fairly permanently. Could put you off a little bit maybe? 😈

mikey74
    Free Member

Amputation!! Now that would spoil things.

At least I could hang the artwork on the wall though :mrgreen:

GlitterGary
    Free Member

What tattoo are you getting?

mikey74
    Free Member

Just a little design of my own making involving a ouroboros

DrP

Over deem plenty of people who have had open heart surgery, and the surgeon had done a fine job of lining the sternal tattoo back up again. And a few where it’s right out of line!

DrP

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Your Rob, or your Ross?

You can’t have both.

bazza17
    Free Member

I would suggest that you ensure your tattoo is done anywhere except your knees or your elbows then you should be fine 😯

tazzymtb

get a branding instead, that way any crash related scars become part of the design 😀

mikey74
    Free Member

That’s some fine surgery to achieve that DrP.

GG: Keep on working on them jokes there. One day you’ll get it :mrgreen:

I would suggest that you ensure your tattoo is done anywhere except your knees or your elbows then you should be fine

Funnily enough, my shoulders are probably the most scarred part of me, and that’s exactly where I’m thinking of getting it 😕

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Slight OT: Tattoos’ is closed to new replies.