Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Sliding dropouts – Paragon or….?
  • pedalhead
    Free Member

Looking to put some sliding dropouts on a new singlespeed frame project. The only ones I’m aware of are Paragon Machine Works. I’m after something high quality & reliable. Any other options out there worth considering? Cheers!

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Someone mentioned 18bikes a few weeks ago when they were looking.

trail_rat
    Free Member

my prefered choice atm IF you can convince them to sell to you is the blackcat swinger – similar to those used on some salsas …

failing that ceeway do several – how ever look terrible ! – my money would be on paragons ! – just make sure you grease mating faces as they can creak something awful if built wrong !

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pedalhead
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Terry, I like the look of those Salsa swinger things, though I wonder if they have a funky effect on the geometry..?

trail_rat
    Free Member

seemingly paragon do the swingers too – it doesnt look like a huge arch tbh – should have as much of an effect as the inch of wheel base difference on the paragon sliders. i can feel the difference in stay length when i go to howk the front end up between the front and the back of the drops !

cynic-al
    Free Member

Shand got me some from Germany for £30 IIRC, similar to paragon without the pointless thumb-screw thing. I’d have a look on the mtbr frame builder forum. Nicer visually than the swinger types to my eyes – they are change for the sake of change, and spoil the nice straight lines of a rear triangle.

pedalhead
    Free Member

£30? bargain. Have they been reliable?

trail_rat
    Free Member

i think that looks amaizing …. does in real life too i borrowed an elmariachi the other week.

30 quid from germany – are those not ceeway ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

No idea where he got them from, they’ve been fine over 5 years, 4 x M8 bolts, I swapped out the 6mm sockets as I rounded them, the 12mm hex’s work great. I’ll see if I can find a pic.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Here we go, this is my frame (now metallic orange)

close-ups of dropouts

trail_rat
    Free Member

does look good cynical

pedalhead
    Free Member

Thanks, those look good, especially for 30 quid.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I thanks you!

It does ride nice, I spec’d the seat tube too slack though, running the saddle forward works it out fine!

trail_rat
    Free Member

thats my lynskey built ragley – they paragon ? they are certainly paragon compatible going by clink !

cynic-al
    Free Member

Aren’t the paragons cut-out (and don’t have a “ragley” logo? 😉 )

trail_rat
    Free Member

probably – just know that clink stuck in some paragon bits to his !

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Sliding dropouts – Paragon or….?’ is closed to new replies.