Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Slicks for 26er 2.0 or bigger
  • onandon
    Free Member

i need some light weight, fat and fast slicks for a 26er.
    Schwalbe kojak folders are looking good but anything else you’d suggest that are fatter 2.0+ ?

Thanks

nedrapier

Compass rat trap pass will be hard to beat for fastness, fatness and lightness.

Not price, though!

http://www.velovitality.co.uk/products/compass-rat-trap-pass-tyre-26-x-2-3

TheBrick
    Free Member

Nor slick but good rolling resistance on road. Halo dual rail. 2.2″.

onandon
    Free Member

The rat traps look great but no black and I’m not spending 100 for tan sidewalls 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

Big Apple?

jairaj

I’ve been running Kojaks on my mtb converted into a commuter bike and am a big fan.

I think you can also get the Big Apple tyre which I think is a bit heavier but maybe a bit more durable?

Specialized also do one called Fat Boy but I’ve not tried it so no opinion on that.

onandon
    Free Member

I think I’ll settle for marathon supremes 2.0 . The rolling resistance guy tested them and nothing comes close.
    Weight is good and so is the puncture resistance. Also tubeless which is a bonus

Thanks all

Northwind

I really liked the kojaks, they’re not spectacularily fast but they’re light and have a decent amount of puncture protection.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Land Cruisers roll well, as do Big Apples and Super Motos, or at least they did from memory on my Pylon8. Crazy Bobs were a bit lumpy, but they had good grip.

Those big Kojas are insanely light, but I do recall those Marathon Supremes doing well in the rolling resistance test lab.

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

Geax Booze are surprisingly good. Might have to be an Ebay purchase though.
    2.3″, fairly light, fast rolling too!

Dickyboy

Bought a pair of 2.3 geax booze light from CRC before Xmas £12 each I think

Edit still on sale £10 each

richmtb

I’ve got Kojak 2.0 folding on my commuter. Very comfy tire for commuting on Glasgow’s shitty roads.

Not as fast as the Continental Sport Contacts I replaced but feel a lot nicer overall.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Slicks for 26er 2.0 or bigger’ is closed to new replies.