Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Sleeping/camping mat recomendations
  • alanf
    Free Member

I need a new double sleeping/camping mat as the old ‘air bed’ has given up the ghost.

I like the self inflating type mats but not sure the missus will approve of them.
    Needs to be a double and comfy and not one of those flock air matress double things that you can get at Tesco/go outdoors etc

grahamg
    Free Member

You won’t find a decent double. Invest in a pair of Exped synmats – they’re insulated, so you won’t be lying on a freezing cold block of air the minute the temperature drops to below 15 degrees. You could probably lash them together, they’re light/small enough for cycle touring or slinging in a bag with a light sleeping bag for an overnight at friends/relatives etc. but still comfortable enough for woman sleeping on her side that might otherwise complain about comfort on a 2″ thick self-inflating matt…. not that I’ve learned that the hard way, honest.

alanf
    Free Member

Cheers grahamg, I will investigate those – sounds like I should heed your advice!

peterfile
    Free Member

If they are within your budget, then another massive thumbs up for Expeds.

It’s thicker than a regular self inflating mat (so comfier), but MUCH better at insulating than a regular blow up air bed (which is completely useless in winter or for carrying anywhere).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Sleeping/camping mat recomendations’ is closed to new replies.