Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • SLEEPING TABLETS
  • sam69
    Free Member

Anybody on here use the above please?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No need to shout mate. I’m sure everyone’s wide awake.

mudshark
    Free Member

I sometimes use Boots ones when I just got to get a decent sleep – 1 of the 25mg ones.

hels
    Free Member

Briefly, after my dad died when I was in my early 20s. The family doc was very concerned that we would get addicted, so we were only allowed to take them every second night. He said we would cope with one bad night’s sleep and recover the second. Wise man.

Also use them on long flights, work a treat on the jet lag.

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

Zopiclone recently

Hohum
    Free Member

OTC or prescription?

footflaps

I had really bad Anxiety in 2007 and was down to about an hour a night, which pretty much rendered me a zombie. I tried Zoplicone, but very quickly became used to it and after a couple of weeks was taking twice the max dose and still not getting more than 2-3 hours sleep. After literally begging my GP to put me on anti-depressants I was prescribed Citalopram, which worked a treat.

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

Zopiclone is only really meant to be short term max two weeks, coz as you say your body gets used to it.

I am on a combination of Citalopram & Mitrazapine at the moment and the Mitrazpaine helps with the sleeping and can be taken long term.

If you mean over the counter, i tried calms and night nurse but didn’t really work for me.

Squidlord
    Free Member

I was prescribed Stillnox (sp?) once years ago. They work very well. Only ever used them as a last resort, never finished the packet.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

try sominex – I use only half a tablet, or maybe a quarter.

therag
    Free Member

Recently tried diazepam off a friend to get to get to sleep due to back problems. Thought they were usless, but then I wake up in same position I last remember, holding whatever I was doing the night before. They seem to last 4-6 hours.
    They wont suit everyone but when I’m in pain I’ll happily take anything.

Bazz

Have used Zopiclone in the past, worked well for me but the next morning left me with an awful bitetr taste in my mouth.

kayak23

nightol always seem spot on for me. Would only ever use them short term though. Go for a run?

sweepy
    Free Member

If I needed help sleeping I’d be looking into melatonin.

zippykona

Are any of these good for nervous fliers?

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

Diazapam can be prescribed by the Dr for nervous fliers. I would recommend it, only in low doses a d not for an extended period of time as it is addictive.

hels
    Free Member

Whatever you take to fly, don’t neck it until you are well past all the officials and security etc and have located your gate and are sat right beside it with passport and boarding pass pinned to your shirt. I learned that the hard way ! I’m not scared but get very very air sick (any kind of transport sick, bus sick, train sick, in fact I feel queasy watching the Onedin Line) I have been so drugged up I stood and watched the planes for far too long more than once…

Karinofnine

I couldn’t sleep at first after Missy died so I got some Valium from the doc. Awesome.

Non-prescription stuff:
    a glass of something alcoholic can relax you (! slippery slope warning);
    Syndol (pain killer) knocks me out, but gives me constipation and actually causes headaches if you use it for more than a couple of days;
    smoking dope is reckoned to be awesome (I don’t but people I know who do swear by it);
    I used to have a tape recording of a confidence-inspiring hypnosis session – I used to put it on and get into bed – amazingly brilliant sleeps.

If it’s due to the menopause then HRT will help – you can get a short course, at low doses (but you may be a man, in which case this suggestion will not be helpful).

HTH

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘SLEEPING TABLETS’ is closed to new replies.