Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • sleeping mat recomendations as alpkit not making them anymore
  • karnali
    Free Member

just went on alpkit to buy a new one and not making them at present. Anyone recommend a similar good vfm mat.

cheers

gogg
    Free Member

Nowhere near as cheap but some of the best money I ever spent was on the down version of this. I’d be seriously tempted by the Ultra-light synthetic version now.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Depends on how much you want to spend.
    Just spent a weekend camping using the Aldi sleeping mats. Work very well and are pretty big.
    I’ll still use my alpkit mat for bivvi-ing as it’s lighter, but for car camping the Aldi ones are fine. Come with a 3 year warranty too.

In fact I’ve just bought a second one today.

Not very helpful at the mo, but the Alpkit sleeping mats are due in 2015. Change of supplier problems.
    I’m waiting to get another sleeping bag from Alpkit and my 650 has been excellent.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bookwyse
    Free Member

Not cheap but we use the Thermorest Neoair with no issues. Light and comfortable as well

http://www.facewest.co.uk/Thermarest-NeoAir-XLite.html?gclid=CKanl7O6274CFbShtAodqRUAvA

4130s0ul
    Free Member

I thoroughly recommend the Exped Down-mat 7. 7cm deep and down lined loveliness. packs down silly small too. my only gripe would be the inflation which takes a bit of practice and isn’t much good in torrential wind n rain when bivvying.
    but for a tent it’s pure luxury…hence the price.

an alternative and one which is very comfortable is the Thermarest z-rest sol. it looks like a normal foam mat but is egg carton dimpled which traps heat and forms to your body. I’ve had as good a nights sleep on one of those as I have which the down-mat

4130s0ul
    Free Member

I thoroughly recommend the Exped Down-mat 7. 7cm deep and down lined loveliness. packs down silly small too. my only gripe would be the inflation which takes a bit of practice and isn’t much good in torrential wind n rain when bivvying.
    but for a tent it’s pure luxury…hence the price.

an alternative and one which is very comfortable is the Thermarest z-rest sol. it looks like a normal foam mat but is egg carton dimpled which traps heat and forms to your body. I’ve had as good a nights sleep on one of those as I have which the down-mat

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘sleeping mat recomendations as alpkit not making them anymore’ is closed to new replies.