Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sleeping bags – will I die?
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

If I buy a £40 Vango 3 season bag?

Next most likely deployment is Tent on a Welsh campsite in a few weeks time, after that Scottish bothy in May. Current Gelert 2 season bag is inadequate for my low cold threshold/tolerance.

tiggs121
    Free Member

You’ll be fine – you could get a liner which helps a wee bit.

peterfile
    Free Member

DO you have a down jacket?

Draping a jacket over your bag works well to boost the rating if you get chilly, as does a liner.

Go Outdoors currently have a 5 degree Mountain Hardwear bag for £60 (only weighs 1kg too!), which is excellent value and good for spring/summer/autumn

johnellison
    Free Member

Go Outdoors currently have a 5 degree Mountain Hardwear bag for £60 (only weighs 1kg too!), which is excellent value and good for spring/summer/autumn

I’ve got one. Crazy warm. £50 from Blacks.

konabunny
    Free Member

My old science teacher used to LOVE telling the story about the scout in his pack who died because his mother convinced the dry cleaner not to air out the sleeping bag before the kid slept in it.

trail_rat
    Free Member

if your buying new then why not a 4 season my 4 season was only £40 and ive bivied in it in snow and ice -10 at strathpuffer amongst other places.

do you need the packability of a 3season ?

you can get army surplus winter bags off ebay for about that – they are huge but very warm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sleeping bags – will I die?’ is closed to new replies.