Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sleeping bags – what's good and where from ?
  • sausagefingers
    Free Member

Going to be working away in that there London Town and the digs are bloody freezing so looking at picking up a decent sleeping bag but having a look online I realise I have no idea what I’m looking at.
    Budget £100ish, will that do it or do I need to spending big?
    Borrowed one this week and I may as we’ll be wrapped up in newspaper under a bloody bridge.
    I’m a big lump so will have to be fairly roomy

Cheers in advance

cynic-al
    Free Member

Get a large 3 season one, synthetic will be cheaper but bulkier.

robbo
    Free Member

Decathlon do a good range well under your budget. 3 sizes and 3 ratings to choose from. Try in shop too! I’d be surprised if you need a 3 season one indoors even in winter…

kilo

+1 for decathlon, I bought one for camping in south africa, very warm bag and seemed good value

sharkattack

I got a Rab Genesis for 90 quid from Cotswold. Fully synthetic so big and bulky but bloody warm with a nice big foot box. In fetching black and lime green.

sausagefingers
    Free Member

Thanks, first job is indoors but the next job I’ll be in a log cabin for a couple of months January/ February so the toastier the better

winston_dog
    Free Member

3 season down bag. I find it way better than synthetic. If you want to use it in really cold conditions then buy a liner to make it a bit warmer.

Alpkit have a good reputation but they are sold out of their bags.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Marmot Wave 4

I have the Wave 3 and its excellent.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sleeping bags – what's good and where from ?’ is closed to new replies.