Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sleeping bag recommendations
  • Retrodirect
    Free Member

Oh great STW hive mind.

Got about £60 to spend. I was looking at getting Lamina 35 a per recommendations on that there bikepacking thread (I liked the fact that they were fairly wide) but the bargain £60 ones appear to have all gone, i can only find them for around double that now.

I want to do a lot of winter bivvying this year but require a bag that on it’s own is fairly compact. (dutch army bivi, sleeping bag, sleeping bag liner and thermals is the plan.)

Anything else out there come recommended?

Would it be worth getting a smaller less-warm bag and supplementing with more liners?

I previously had a 2/3 season vango thing handed down to me, but a few hundred nights outside over the past few years meant it had person smell that could not be removed.

joshvegas
    Free Member

So the smell was nothing to do with leaving it in its stuff sack for weeks after you used it….?

johnnystorm

20% off at Milletts this weekend. Brings their down bag to about £40. Spend the spare cash on a washable liner to keep the bag clean.

johnnystorm
    headfirst
    Free Member

Retrodirect, where are you? I’m in Huddersfield and recently took delivery of a Lamina 35 that I bought on impulse from Sport Pursuit when they had them in. On reflection I don’t need it, if you can come and pick it up and pay cash we can do a deal. It’s not used, still has its tags on.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sleeping bag recommendations’ is closed to new replies.