Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sleeping bag recommenadations for bivy action
  • swisstony
    Free Member

looking for a bag that light/small enough for uk bivy duties but also i’m going to the arctic in July so it will have to be good for minus 10 or so.

Oh and i’m not exactly flush as the mo so £200 NorthFace bags are no good to me. (i am keeping an eye on ebay though)

I’ve already got in mind an alpkit hunka to go with it.

ta

trevorx
    Free Member

One bag would not do you for both of your requirements. a bag that can cope with -10 would make you boil in the UK.

brownpants
    Free Member

Got mine off Alpkit too – only tried it inside the car though :-), long story

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    swisstony
    Free Member

I was thinking of a 2/3 season bag which would be ok for the uk (i could always undo the zip) but then use it with the hunka for a bit extra for the arctic, i’ll be in a tent as well and it’s in july so shouldn’t be much below 0.

swisstony
    Free Member

actually the average min temp is +4 for July

twang
    Free Member

Get the best you can stretch to and then some. Weight and packed size are paramount for your biking bivvy trips, you have to be able to get everything you need in your ruckie. Small, light and warm = expensive! Mountain equipment, rab, etc but your talking £150ish, dont scrimp though you’ll regret it. Alpkit pipedream might be worth checking, got one of their skyhigh bags for winter which is very good, well made just too bulky for the bike. Forget the idea of getting a bag that will be suitable for both your needs because you’ll end up compromising both.

andym
    Free Member

Try Decathlon if you have one near you.

matt_outandabout

Try Magic Mountain in Glossop – Mountain Equipment seconds galore – my ME bag cost £50 from £150… 🙂

Mine is a 3 season down bag, and I add a silk liner and bivvi bag / clothes for really cold (been bivvying in -4 and snowholing in it), yet the bag is comfy for 80% of the time – I have mates who bought huuuge 5season bags and basically sweat it out for most of the time. Its amazing what a bit of thought / hat on or off / etc can do to ‘add’ to a bag.

Or Alpkit

Or Decathlon

Factor in a thermarest/inflating matress – decathlon is a winner for these (£20!)

matt_outandabout

Is it me, or is Cotswolds site the slowest site going – and has been for years?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Aye bru..

It is.. 😐

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sleeping bag recommenadations for bivy action’ is closed to new replies.