Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sledging Lyme Park
  • Anyone know if there’s enough snow at Lyme Park for a bit of sledging tomorrow (Saturday)?

monksie
    Free Member

No. I’ve just ridden through there. I think Goyt Valley might be a better option.

Vinte
    Free Member

Are you allowed to sledge on footpaths?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scaredypants

It’s shit and its wife is a slag

oh, sledging – with sledges ?

Vinte
    Free Member

The latter. 🙂

nicko74

Man, that takes me back. Except my folks would always insist on parking around the back and walking the 20 minutes or so into the park that way, rather than paying up and parking inside the actual park.

Goyt Valley was leagues better though, if you could find a quiet enough stretch of road.

Not particularly helpful, I know.

monksie
    Free Member

£5 per car to get in these days. The new adventure playground is worth it though. Free for bikes and pedestrians and a free shuttle minibus ride from the main gate to the main car park.
    Eccles Pike at Chapel could be worth a go for sledging tomorrow. My mate in Whaley has binned the road ride in favour of sledging.

sambob
    Free Member

I’ll vote for Eccles Pike instead because I live on it. Don’t try driving up to the top though unless you want to park your car in a wall on the way back down, park at the Navigation in Bugsworth and walk up.

bounce

Another snow question – any around Greenfield? Is a great sledging run near there.

Bunnyhop

Lyme Park is full of tufty grass, so it would need quite a lot of snow atm to warrant a sledge.
    I did once ski ‘The Knott’ many years ago and just fell over every few turns, was tricky trying to avoid crashing into small children on sledges.

Sam is there plenty of snow up your way? We have and inch or so.

sambob
    Free Member

Lots, and it’s all drifting around. Probably enough to ski in a few gulleys.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

So, what’s the verdict then, anywhere good for sledging near Manc at the moment?

sambob
    Free Member

Road up to Eccles pike will be good, been driven by a couple of tractors so nicely compacted, mind you will all have drifted by the morning. Pic of our lane today:
    For the record, the drifts are approx 5ft deep in this photo.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sledging Lyme Park’ is closed to new replies.