Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Slashed tyre
  • Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Great day out at Stiniog yesterday but the Welsh slate got the better of my High Roller What’s the best way of stopping this slash getting worse?

Patch on the inside,superglue?

simondbarnes

Patch on the inside,superglue?

I was going to suggest this

Junkyard
    Free Member

What’s the best way of stopping this slash getting worse?

never ever using the tyre again 😉

shakers97
    Free Member

Don’t use superglue, it doesn’t flex and will just fail, as anyone who has tried to use it to fix a wayward shoe sole will testify. I’d replace it.

simondbarnes

Don’t use superglue, it doesn’t flex and will just fail, as anyone who has tried to use it to fix a wayward shoe sole will testify

I’ve never tried it on shoes but I have had success using it on tyres over the years.

Tracey

We use mushroom wired plug patches from ebay. Bought a job lot years ago and have always worked.

Rich
    Free Member

Stitching a tear like that worked for me when everything else had failed.

asbrooks

You could try some of this..flexible cyanoacrylate . I work in the rubber industry and use this all of the time. Never used it on tyres though.

Edit
    I’ll get some and give it try and report back. I slashed a good tyre on sticks pass, would be nice to reinstate it.

simondbarnes

Liking the look of that flexible superglue 🙂

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies,I had my doubts about superglue being flexible enough,I’ll try that flexible glue & a patch on the inside.
    Anyone tried this?
    http://www.loctite-consumer.co.uk/en/products/superglue-powerflex.html

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Shoe Goo is strong and flexible.

scaredypants

I’ve done a few tyres with that powerflex gel. Can’t honestly say whether it’s better than ordinary superglue but hasn’t failed yet (I do shove a patch on the insides too, so I guess that may be holding it all together despite glue failing for all I know

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I’d stick a Weldtite anchovy repair in it. I’ve never used one that hasn’t then lasted the life of the tyre.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Most of my tyres have similar slashes, some have several! All repaired with halfords puncture repair kit

takisawa2

Just glue a big peice of innertubes inside, with a rounded peice from a plastic bottle underneath.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Same happened to my rear Ardent Race yesterday. I never once thought about repairing it. I just started looking at what new tyre I could buy!!!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve always wondered if wetsuit repair goo would work? It’s kinda like the rubber cement you get in repair kits, but a lot thicker and comes in toothpaste sized tubes.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Seriously, the normal stuff in cheapo inner tube repair kits works perfectly, no need for weird and wonderful solutions!

mccraque

Here

Tip Top do a tubeless repair kit which I find to work a lot better than standard patches…particularly on the bigger cuts and tears.

andyl
    Free Member

Seriously, the normal stuff in cheapo inner tube repair kits works perfectly, no need for weird and wonderful solutions!

This. It’s rubber. Use the vulcanising glue and apply pressure to keep the gash closed while it sticks

bones76
    Free Member

I have two used but still plenty of tread left on them High roller tires I am just about to put up for sale at £12.50 each and that includes postage.

There 26″ in size

Email in profile if interested

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Have you got the tyre on the right way round?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Slashed tyre’ is closed to new replies.