Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Slackset in a old DMR Trailstar 1 1/8th steerer
  • giantalkali
    Free Member

As the title really, does anyone know if I can fit a slackset to a straight steerer, old school Trailstar with external cups?

http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/slackerizer-angle-headset.htm

I’m thinking no…

cheers dudes

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

You can get a works components one that fits. Gives 1 degree slackness. I have one, it’s good.

giantalkali
    Free Member

thanks SS, £70 for 1 degree seems a bit steep (LOL)

Northwind

It’s a trailstar, you’re not supposed to say anything that suggests it’s not the greatest and most perfect hardtail ever!

Thing about anglesets is, yes they’re expensive for the paper difference they make but it can make the difference between “feels good” and “feels ungood” and that’s probably worth it. But it’s hard to know which it’ll be. 2 degrees was an absolute gamechanger for my old hemlock, I kept it for years longer than I would have otherwise and used it for everything- dh racing, 2 enduro world series rounds- no chance I’d have done that as stock, I’d have sold it on long before. Best £70 I’ve spent on bike stuff, for that reason…

OTOH I just put one in my remedy and… it’s good. It’s just that it’s taken an excellent bike and made it 2 degrees excellenter, rather than taking a meh bike and making it excellent.

giantalkali
    Free Member

that’s the issue, it’s already the wickedest, how much more betterer can it get?

Littleman
    Free Member

Do it! I put one in my Heckler and I love it. Running at around 65 – 65.5 degrees between a Works Compoments angleset (good quality btw), offset bushes and 160mm forks. I can’t discount placebo completely, but either way it’s kept me loving my bike despite it being “out of date”.

docgeoffyjones

Just got a -1 for my cove stiffee and it was well worth it as i wish to keep it going for a good few more years.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/angle-headsets-how-slack-have-people-gone

Rickos
    Free Member

If you need a new headset anyway then it’s only like £40 rather than £70.

[justifies]

buckster
    Free Member

I’ve got a -2 works/63 ha Commencal frame and it’s pretty darn sick, do it

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Slackset in a old DMR Trailstar 1 1/8th steerer’ is closed to new replies.