Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Slackline type frame with tapered head tube.
  • dbukdbuk
    Free Member

What’s like a Slackine but has a tapered head tube?

Needs to be able to take a long-sh travel fork (up to 150), and take 26″ wheels/forks. It it can also be adapted to take 27.5 later then that would be a bonus.

Suggestions?

Rorschach
    Free Member

PP Shan
    Dartmoor Hornet

dbukdbuk
    Free Member

I had been looking at the 853 Slackline which is listed as having as straigth 1-1/8th head tube. Looking at the 631 version though is says it has a 44mm head tube that can take tapered. Is this correct? Does the 853 version have a different head tube?

Stevet1
    Free Member

Yes.

dbukdbuk
    Free Member

Odd

Stevet1
    Free Member

853 are old stock I think, 631 are the newer frames.
    853 also take a 27.2 seat post wheras the 631 ones are 31.8

dbukdbuk
    Free Member

Will the 631 take a 142/12 rear?

It doesn’t have replaceable dropouts right? If so, how does this affect the geometry if I start with 26″ but want to switch to 27.5 later? Anyone done this?

Cheers

woodster

No, you’ll need the Switchback if you need 27.5 and 142 rear end. The Slackline won’t do either. I think I saw someone on here mention they were running a Switchback with 26″ wheels too.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

New Shan can take 650B and 26″ apparently. Think you can also get a 142 dropout for the rear.

stevede
    Free Member

The new production privee frames have the option of 26 or 650b dropouts. http://www.production-privee.com/PBSCCatalog.asp?CatID=1321476

jamesfts
    Free Member

Commencal Meta HT, not 142×12 though.

dbukdbuk
    Free Member

The PP frames look good. Pre order only at the moment though.

Dartmoor Primal and Hornet also look good. They say they take 26 or 27.5 but don’t seem to have replaceable dropouts so not sure how that works or what it does to the geometry.

st

As touched on above the new 631 Slackline has a 44mm headtube so will take a tapered steerer fork but has fixed dropouts for 26″ wheels with a 135mm qr axle.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I wonder if the older slackline can take 650B wheels. Someone somewhere must have tried it.

chiefgrooveguru

I wonder if the older slackline can take 650B wheels. Someone somewhere must have tried it.

Chainstays look too short to fit a worthwhile sized 27.5 tyre in.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Sorry, actually mean wonder if the old Shan can take 650B wheels!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Slackline type frame with tapered head tube.’ is closed to new replies.