Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Slackline Build – what do you think?
  • edward2000
    Free Member

Is this value for money? I’m a bit tempted!

http://www.stantonbikes.com/content/slackline-631-available-now

binners

Looks pretty good to me. They really are a lovely looking frame!

edward2000
    Free Member

For clarity, I am asking if the frame and the following spec is good vfm at £1650

•Raceface, Ride Stem in 60mm
    •RaceFace Chester Bar 740mm with 20mm Rise
    •RaceFace Ride post
    •RaceFace sniper grips
    •SDG Duster Saddle
    •Cane Creek EC44 and ZS44 Headset
    •Hope Clamp
    •XT Brakes
    •SLX ShifterSLX Clutch Mech
    •Mavic CrosRoc Tubeless wheel and tyre combo
    •Shimano 11-36 Casette
    •RaceFace Ride crank with Narrow Wide Ring in 32T RaceFace
    •Rockshox Sector Solo Air Forks 140mm

dannyh
    Free Member

I’d have to say a resounding ‘yes’ to that. And they are absolutely lovely looking bikes too………..

tomglass20
    Free Member

They are great frames to ride, but the one irritating issue is the rust from inside the bloody seat tube !!!

richmtb

How much is the frame on its own?

stantonbikes
    Free Member

bungalistic
    Free Member

£385 for frame only. I do quite like the one I own.

alcolepone
    Free Member

we show off slacklines again 😀

bungalistic
    Free Member

Well if others are sharing their builds:

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Actually, while this is live. Can a slackline rider please clear something up for me?

I was looking at a stanton to replace my recently stolen surge, and was tempted by this:

The snap, acceleration and berm hugging cornering comes from our low bottom bracket and short chain stays.

Then I noticed this:

Bottom bracket height 12.4”

How is that a low bottom bracket height? Its only slightly lower than a Dialled PA or Alpine.

stantonbikes
    Free Member

Hi Scott I can clear that up for you, a Dialled alpine is 324.10mm a Slackline is 314.96mm, thats almost 10mm difference! if you consider that between 15mm and 25mm is the difference in top tube length between a medium and a large for most companies you’ll se that 10mm is quite a dramatic difference. the smallest differences telegraph into the body quite dramatically and can totally change the way a bike feels! 🙂
    hope that helps
    Dan

bigblackshed

OP.

Do it. You know it makes sense.

I just wish Stanton would make them in a gopping colour. I like gopping colours. Also something bigger than an 18″ for us lanky gits.

alcolepone
    Free Member

I’m 6,3 and the 18inch feels comfortable to me. i do run a 70mm stem though. Not had a long day riding on it yet.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Thanks Dan. Can you tell me what the BB drop works out on the slackline?

AlexSimon

OP – I think the build kit looks reasonable.
    The only caveat is that if you want to change anything (saddle/tyres/stem length/2x/etc) then it might be better to just spec it all yourself. Hard to know without doing all the maths from all the usual shops.

timmys

Also something bigger than an 18″ for us lanky gits.

6’2″ on a 18″ here (50mm stem) – not built up as a long-distance bike but does feel surprisingly comfortable.

There’s also some options on the complete builds that look pretty good price-wise to me;

Reverb upgrade £180
    Pike Dual positon Upgrade £350
    Mavic Crosmax ST,SX or Enduro upgrade £350

matther01
    Free Member

I did the dyfi enduro on mine with a 50mm stem without any issue (bar fork problems of my own making and complete lack of fitness!).

metalheart
    Free Member

As AlexS says, it depends on whether you’d want to change anything. If you do you are wasting money.

For comparison the Cotic Soul is £2100 complete but is XT/Hope wheels/x-Fusion forks & is 853 (so a higher spec).

I’d not be happy at that spec personally buts that’s because I’ve run XT & Hope brakes/wheels (ok, hubs) for a good 10 years. I suspect if you have to ask you’d probably be fine.

Also, I much rather prefer the look of that Sherpa…. 😀

mindmap3
    Free Member

I don’t think its that bad value wise especially compared to what some of the big brands are chucking out spec wise.

Love mine…

Only downside is the 27.2mm seat tube which limits dropper choice but does save me a fair amount of money!

honourablegeorge

bigblackshed – Member
    OP.

Do it. You know it makes sense.

I just wish Stanton would make them in a gopping colour. I like gopping colours. Also something bigger than an 18″ for us lanky gits.

It’s the same TT as a 19″ Sould, if I remember right, just a shorter seat tube (which is nice)

ross1
    Free Member

Hi Edward. I’m thinking of selling my slackline if you’d be interested? 18″ 631 in blue, fox 32 150mm forks, mavic rims on pro 2’s. Email in profile if you’re interested and want full spec and pics.

marko75
    Free Member

Ross – I could be interested. but no email in your profile – can you send some pics to me please

edward2000
    Free Member

Whats the wheel size of the bike in my OP?

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

26″ the Switchback 650b is coming

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Slackline Build – what do you think?’ is closed to new replies.