Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 'Slacking Off' a 2009 EX8 ? Headset advice please..
  • loughor
    Free Member

I’ve started riding my old 2009 EX8 a bit again, after upgrading to 1×11 and a wider bar. I’m liking it again, but would like to slacken the head angle a bit. It’s a straight steerer, currently with a rather nice CK headset. What are my options for a angle set headset? Thnx

thepodge
    Free Member

I have a Works components one and a Superstar components one. In all honesty I cant tell the difference between them.

Superstar is cheaper but I imagine Works components will be more helpful if you’re not sure which one you need.

richmtb

Work Components do a 1 degree angle set for straight steerers. I fitted one to my 2010 5 Spot. It worked well

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    loughor
    Free Member

Damn, you boys are quick ! Cheers, I’ll look at both of those for starters

legend
    Free Member

Altneratively, shove in a couple of offset bushes for a similar effect (but lowering the BB) whilst keeping your existing headset

loughor
    Free Member

Off set on the shock bushes ? Actually, I wouldn’t want to lower the BB because I get enough pedal strikes around here ! Thnx for the suggestions fellas, much appreciated

legend
    Free Member

Yeah but you instantly get to corner like Sam Hill!!!! 😉

loughor
    Free Member

Sam Hill ? I’m more like Benny Hill !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘'Slacking Off' a 2009 EX8 ? Headset advice please..’ is closed to new replies.