• This topic has 17 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by juan.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Slackening the head angle.
  • juan
    Free Member

Ok folks ladies and gentlemen, I am looking to slacken a bit the head angle on my meta. No by much, but just a little bit.So far the only thing I have seen that would do the trick, is a on-one smoothie headset with a +5 mm bottom cup.
    Anyone know of something else that i can use?

Cheers

timmys

Offset shock bushings? Will drop the BB as well, up to you if that’s desirable or not.

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

Meta has a fairly low BB to start with, offset bushings might not be viable. I remember a 1 1/8th offset headset being developed by Cane Creek, not sure if it’s out yet but that might be worth a look.

juan
    Free Member

Nope the BB is low enough as it is. Or maybe I could use both, so the BB height won’t move much, and the HA will slacken enough.

brant
    Free Member

Ok folks ladies and gentlemen, I am looking to slacken a bit the head angle on my meta. No by much, but just a little bit.So far the only thing I have seen that would do the trick, is a on-one smoothie headset with a +5 mm bottom cup.
    Anyone know of something else that i can use?

Cheers

Not the intended use of that crown race. And a daft way to slacken your head angle.

widge34
    Free Member

Works components or Cane Creek.

soobalias
    Free Member

an extra 5psi in your front tyre?
    a little less sag on your forks?
    shorter stem?

juan
    Free Member

And a daft way to slacken your head angle.

Probably but will have the desired effect nonetheless. I can’t change the sag on my fork it’s got a spring inside.

kayak23

20″ back wheel?

ahwiles
    Free Member

a +5mm lower cup will make more-or-less-no-difference-at-all.

or maybe less.

juan
    Free Member

Well the work component looks like what I was looking for 😀
    Cheers for that. Now Let’s hope they can post it over here.

tracknicko
    Free Member

40mm of headset spacers under the crown race.

that’ll do it.

soobalias
    Free Member

I can’t change the sag on my fork it’s got a spring inside.

bit less preload? softer spring?

deus

also available here

link to on-one

juan
    Free Member

Cheers DEUS , but the other one is made in the UK 😉

Northwind

That’s just On-One rebadging Works’ part, it’s also made in the UK.

I’ve got 2 of the Works ones, they do just what they say on the tin. It’ll lower your BB ever so slightly of course and likewise steepen the seat tube fractionally. Only criticism I have is that I go through top bearings faster with it than with any other headset I’ve used- I think the big flat top causes water to pool and get past the sealing, possibly. But that’s OK.

juan
    Free Member

It’ll lower your BB ever so slightly of course and likewise steepen the seat tube fractionally.

Interesting, but I guess it’s inevitable. As per the on-one I might as well buy the original 😀 thanks for the info anyway.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Slackening the head angle.’ is closed to new replies.