Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Sky=Worst company in the world Fact
  • Shakey
    Free Member

Spoke to the Sky call-centre yesterday on behalf of a client to ask for the Broadband Userid/password. The woman on the end of the phone informed that they do not have this information so I asked speak to a supervisor. I informed him that I had done this with the majority of ISP’s and never had this problem. He again advised me that they do not hold this info so I asked him what would happen if the client wanted to use their own equipment and he said that the terms and conditions of the contract stated that clients are not allowed to provide their own equipment and have to use the crappy Sagem router.

After a little digging on the Internet I found a little utility which needs the MAC address of the router and the security key and it then tells you what the username/password is.

Not sure whether to call Sky back and let them know!!

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Sky=Worst company in the world Fact

you’ve never dealt with talktalk then!

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

you don’t need the userid/password. It’s embedded into the sky router. They don’t provide you with that information so that you use the router they have provided. This reduces their support overheads.

If you use a different router than the one provided you are breaking their terms and conditions.

😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Wozza
    Free Member

What’s the program called? I’ll be glad to get rid of that Sagem POS.

waihiboy
    Free Member

nothing wrong with them here, as he said above ref the router though.

emac65
    Free Member

Sky=Worst company in the world Fact
    you’ve never dealt with talktalk then!

Or Ebuyer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My parcel’s gone missing,been signed for & everything,but not by us.Until they find out where it’s gone they will not send a new one out or refund my money.Like talking to a f’kin robot with ’em !!!!!!!!!

Shakey
    Free Member

This is the website I used to generate the userid/password: –

https://www.cm9.net/skypass/generate.cgi

As I said before I am aware the T&C’s of the Sky contract say that you should use their Router but the Sagem thing is absolute rubbish if you want a decent ireless network.

I replaced it witha Netgear router which provided a far better wireless signal.

Cooroo
    Free Member

Since we’ve been on Sky, the wireless signal has been very flaky. Keep having to move the receiver thingy about, blu-tacking it to the wall, to the monitor, dangle it from the lightshade. It drops contact altogether for a random amount of time, then comes back for no apparent reason.

So we will def explore this option….

(Shakey – is an ireless network one that doesn’t make you angry?)

Shakey
    Free Member

Cooroo – yes, I must have an ‘ireless’ network in the office as its very stable but then it is on a Netgear router. People have their own opinion’s on the best make of router but I always recommend Netgear. I don’t think I have seen anything worse than the Sagem although the old Homehub’s from BT were pretty shocking.

kimbers

my mate works for sky in IT

he said they had something of a major catastrophy last week that led to them gettin in a load of extra staff to deal with the complaints they were about to receive
    but they managed to fix the problem last minute
    he wouldnt tell me what the issue was as he reckons hed get fired if it got out but says that they are quite often just hanging in there by the skin of their teeth and a major **** up will happen soon

fbk
    Free Member

Nope. Carphone Warehouse takes the biscuit. They’ve taken 3 months to fix a 30 day old mobile phone (on contract)….. so far

…….. Still waiting!!!!

nukeproof
    Free Member

Sorry but Tiscali is also up there. As is British Gas.

Shakey
    Free Member

kimbers – I doubt the problem was related to the crap Sagem routers but I reckon they are cutting costs and these routers are an example of this.

eckinspain
    Free Member

So they don’t hold a piece of information that 99% of their customers never need and they are the worst company in the world ever?

catnap
    Free Member

parcel force terrible also setanta even worse by a mile. always found sky great to deal with and been with them for years

Shakey
    Free Member

eckinspain – I was following Rudeboys thread about BT and was trying to be humerous!

Also, I don’t agree that 99% pf the customers never need this info. I think that 99% get fobbed off and either stick with the router, get Sky to swap it for another or leave. Ironically the supervisor I spoke to completely agreed with me and said that he was embarassed that he had no answer for this question and he had been asked on numerous occasions.

Whatsit
    Free Member

To the OP, you’ve never dealt with Tiscali/Pipex then.

They make BT look like a beacon of competence.

Fkwits changed my mil’s telephone number when she moved house despite reassurances that she’d keep her old one.

Put markers on the line in the name of Tiscali instead of Pipex and then “couldn’t” get them removed.

Billed her for the privilege of having “changed” her phone number.

Billed her for the non existant broadband for 4 months.

Charged her £25 each for two letters re her outstanding bill which was supposed to have been credited and cleared after long and lengthy LOUD phonecalls by myself to their customer (un)helpline and two letters stating that the account would be cleared and the tags removed within 10 days back in November and again in December.

They’ve just this week gone after six months in total.

Fkrs even sent her account to a credit collection agency. Cue even LOUDER phonecalls and we still haven’t had any letter of apology confirming the closure of the account.

My sky routers been very impressive TBH (Netgear DG934)

Shakey
    Free Member

Whatsit – The Netgear DG834 is an excellent router, have had one myself for about 4 years but not with Sky. I believe they stopped supplying the Netgear routers because they could buy the Sagem ones cheaper and with the pre-configured userid/password they can save costs here too.

I am with Plusnet who have been good to me but I have heard some stories about them as I have with most ISP’s!

Whatsit
    Free Member

Shakey, I’ve always used Netgear routers at home and work (CCTV and SOHO Networking) and I’ve not had one let me down, this DG934 is a strange beast though, it’s apparently a repackaged DG834 MK3 looks the same as the Sagem.

retro83
    Free Member

CityLink aka Sh*ttyW*nk couriers have to be up there in the top ten.

I wait in all day, checking status on the net … “out for delivery” “out for delivery” “out for delivery”

Then – “NO ANSWER AT DELIVERY ADDRESS”

Absolute lies. I’ve been there with the door open all day (need components to replaced failed hardware when writing uni dissertation).

I go and collect it, fine. One off, whatever, don’t have time to take it further but will not use them again…
    Then next month I have to order something else, EBuyer at the time would ONLY deliver large items with CityLink. SAME FSCKING THING AGAIN.

Offroading
    Free Member

Try working for Sky ❗ It’s even worse.

eckinspain
    Free Member

Try working for Sky [:!:] It’s even worse.

I did – wasn’t that bad really (but then I was nowhere near the call centre)

eckinspain – I was following Rudeboys thread about BT and was trying to be humerous!

Ah, sorry – missed that one hence the sense of humour failure 😳

jester
    Free Member

My sky router is a Netgear one.

robbo1234biking

Ive got a Sky Netgear one for sale if anyone wanted to replace their Sagem? Just switched to O2 broadband and was quite impressed with the service so far – ordered sunday evening and online by Wednesday. Speed seems good at the moment as well – yet to have a problem yet though so will see how their customer support is then. And the router came bundled with some poor software that didnt recognise my newtowkr card so I dumped that and installed it myself! Much easier

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Sky=Worst company in the world Fact’ is closed to new replies.