Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Skyrim- Confused dad content.
  • Ambrose

I’m trying to buy Dragonborn DLC for Elder Scrolls V Skyrim for my son. It is for PC. He owns the actual physical disc for Skyrim. What is the best way to get this Dragonborn malarky for him? FWIW, his PC and mine are wholly separate.

Can I buy a code or somesuch, do I need to buy a physical object, or can some kind of on-line solution be found?

Cheers folks, Ambrose

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Skyrim is a steamworks game which means it will be associated with his steam account. If you have a Steam account of your own you can gift it to him that way (33% off at the mo.) Failing that you can purchase an unlock code from places such as GamersGate although it’s pricier there just now.

Ambrose

Thanks H1ghland3r. I do not fully understand everything that you’ve written but I’m working on it.

Can I just buy a code from somewhere like this:
    https://www.google.co.uk/#q=skyrim+dragonborn+dlc&tbm=shop&spd=17192635901722560133

?

dan1980
    Free Member

Assuming that your copy of Skyrim was originally bought on Steam (which it should have been) the link you want is:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/226880/

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Apologies if I was confusing. I’m guessing you don’t have your own Steam account in that case. To buy a code from Steam you would need to register or to use his PC and account to buy it.

See here.. Link to Steam

My previous post also had a link to an online store to buy a code
    here…Dragonborn on GamersGate

In theory any of the links from your Google search should be fine but I could not vouch for them as I have never used them.
    In any case all you will be buying is a code that your son will punch into his Steam software which will unlock DragonBorn on his account.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Skyrim- Confused dad content.’ is closed to new replies.