Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • SKYPE , what do i need to know
  • project
    Free Member

Being totally thick, just need to know what to do to connect to someone in Finland and Canada, is it free etc, camera required .

Moses

Yes it’s free to call other skype users. and the software is free to download.
    You need to register with a user name & password before using it, then seach for your fiends’ IDs.
    You can either use voice only, or video calling.
    If you want to call landlines abroad, a paid subscription is cheaper than normal phones

cbike
    Free Member

install/sync contacts/talk

dont need camera.

Moe

If you pay for it, do you get better quality video?

akira

Wear pants.

Moses

Moe, not that I know of.
    Video quality will depend on the broadband quality at both ends of the conversation, & the speed/quality of your cameras/

mandog

It seems that you need a telephone number for this to work, no?

leffeboy

No telephone number needed

samuri
    Free Member

When you dial you can dial a skype person or an actual phone. Choose a skype person.

We have a video call with my son in university every week. He’s a teenager so he’s dead angry all the time. He probably fights people and stuff.

No. Hang on, it’s just his parents he hates.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Being totally thick, just need to know what to do to connect to someone in Finland and Canada, is it free etc, camera required .

Have you tried reading the information on the Skype website? Their instructions are pretty clear and comprehensive.

molgrips
    Free Member

Skype is an annoying piece of software. If possible, go for Facebook video chat.

Moe

Now I’ve found it the FB videa chat is fat better, strage though as it says Facebook + Skype …

footflaps

AIUI since being bought by MS it’s no longer completely peer to peer and has been significantly weakened at the bequest of the NSA, probably so they can record all the conversations….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m still using skype (it’s very easy and straight forward) and google hangouts which are even easier once you have done the initial setup – they also allow for multi person video which skype (free) doesn’t.

As for improving your video, decent camera and fast connection both ends.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

hangouts for me as well, you can have multi person video conference and share screens. all free, unlike skype

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘SKYPE , what do i need to know’ is closed to new replies.