Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Skyline trail at Afan
  • bgd
    Free Member

Have the day to spend at Afan tomorrow and fancy doing the Blade trail as I’ve yet to try it. Just wondering if it’s worth adding the Skyline loop on or are there any better combinations to make a decent days riding?

Cheers

oldnpastit

I think most of Skyline is closed now isn’t it, to make way for some wind turbines?

If you add on White’s Level and then Y Wall, you will use up most of a day.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Blade was the replacement for Skyline while the turbine work was going on. It uses the interesting bits of Skyline anyway. Supposedly the boring parts of Skyline will be revived in some form, though how many people really rode it anyway?

philwarren11
    Free Member

You can add the massively cut down skyline loop onto blade, its not the greatest but has some great views, proper cross country stuff, some fire roads etc..

Personally to add onto blade i would get to the top of whites/blade climb and either do the black run and climb back to the top of whites/blade climb or ride windy point and energy and go back up the fire road back up to the bottom of the black run then back up to the whites/blade climb top and carry on Blade.

philwarren11
    Free Member

deadkenny – Member
    Blade was the replacement for Skyline while the turbine work was going on. It uses the interesting bits of Skyline anyway. Supposedly the boring parts of Skyline will be revived in some form, though how many people really rode it anyway?

I still do. A lot of us local still ride it, although a lot of it has been claimed by mother nature. Good thing is none of it got dug up by the windfarm so only needs drainage and trimming to get it up and running.

Twodogs

Last time I did it, the marked trail was sort of out and back….as phil says, great views and away from the crowds

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Skyline trail at Afan’ is closed to new replies.